Chad Perseverates About Some GamesHere’s a roundup from Keeper Chad about the games he played at 1D4Con in Winchester, VA from April 25th to 27th. He also mentions a couple of other games that he’s been playing lately. This segment was originally part of a regular show recording, but we switched schedules around and decided to re-record an episode, so we’re releasing this clip as a standalone mini-episode in our feed. Here are some links to games mentioned in the segment:
- D&D Next, and the living campaign Greyhawk Reborn. In a word: Chickenriders!
- Artemis, the spaceship bridge simulator. In a word: Engage!
- Witch: The Road To Lindisfarne, the GM-less storytelling psychodrama game. In a word: Devastating.
- Fate Accelerated, a quick-start version of the Fate Core rules. Eerily familiar adventure run by “Keeper James.” In a word: Sanguine!
- Trail of Cthulhu, a game you’ve probably already heard of. Only got a short taste due to schedule, but hankering for more. In a word: Atmospheric.
- Night Witches, a game in development by Jason Morningstar. It’s about female Russian fighter pilots during WWII, based on the Apocalypse World engine. Lots of Soviet intrigue, gender politics, and outright terror. Here’s a fun article to read for history background. In a word: Nachthexen!
- Tremulus, another Apocalypse World hack for horror-genre gaming. I played it with the Skype of Cthulhu folks, and we’ll be releasing actual play episodes in our feed, along with some “Arkham Asylum” commentary. Stay tuned! In a word: Improv!
- Thanks a heap to the crew of 1D4Cast for the gargantuan effort it takes to make this happen, and for knocking it out of the park once again!
- A shout out to the crew at I Podcast Magic Missile, who stopped by on Sunday. We only got to chat a little, but it’s great to connect with other gaming podcasters.