MUP 084 - Tinker, Tailor, Cthulhu, Spy

Discussion about podcast episodes
Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
MUP 084 - Tinker, Tailor, Cthulhu, Spy

Post by Keeper Dan » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:57 pm

This episode, we're infiltrating clandestine operations of an allied force to expose black ops of World War Cthulhu: Cold War. Agent Scott Dorward of the non-existent MI6 agency goes rogue and leaks a dossier. Is he a turned asset or just a pwn in a counterintelligence plot?
This episode was recorded on July 12, 2015.

Campus Crier:
There’s a new Q&A thread on YSDC, Ask Sandy, where you can ask questions and read answers from Sandy Pertersen on a variety of topics.

Pelgrane Press has announced Cthulhu Apocalypse, The Doomsday Edition, which gathers the previously released Apocalypse Machine, the Dead White World, and Slaves of the Mother and adds on eight new scenarios.

Check out a text interview with Greg Stafford over IRC at RPG.net

Topic
We're mainly talking about World War Cthulhu: Cold War in this episode.

Some references along the way include:

Don’t Look Now and Other Stories

Sandbaggers: E01

Callan, another great spy fiction resource.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

viscounteric
Freshman
Freshman
Re: MUP 084 - Tinker, Tailor, Cthulhu, Spy

Post by viscounteric » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:18 am

Great interview that got me far more interested in the Kickstarter than before. Unfortunately, there is a certain obnoxiously gigantic Kickstarter taking all my attention and funds right now.

Hey, it does have some nice Mythos add-ons. :cthulhudance:

I just finished listening to The Space Between APs from Skype of Cthulhu right before listening to this one, so another reference has made me full of woe. I need an emptying session.
The log of the CoC games http://gamingwiththegnomies.blogspot.com/p/call-of.html... and some gnomes.

PirateLawyer
Senior
Senior

Post by PirateLawyer » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:33 pm

I would pledge for the whole package, but, Canadian currency just nosedived. So I'll just have to pick these up through normal retail channels down the road.

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:11 am

Less than 48 hours left.

As a GM I'm tapped out running The Great Pendragon, Cthulhu Invictus and the occasional one-shot. If any of my regulars get this do include me a player and if not then if any GMs are going to get it and run it I will trade you a scenario/miniseries run of your choice.
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/

monkey prime
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by monkey prime » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:04 pm

I pledged for the fancy-pants edition and the campaign book. Its just so pretty!

Grotonomus
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Grotonomus » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:08 pm

I'm already prepping my first set of scenarios. Players think they are tracking down a group of American Agents working for the Soviets. Nope sorry, it's a Delta Green Cell and you've just stepped into a mess.
"I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things." -Jack Burton

monkey prime
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by monkey prime » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:55 pm

Really interested in how things like the Troubles will be portrayed. As a Northern Irishman having been born in 1980 they were a background for my formative years and I currently work in youth and community work so would see the impact of the paramilitaries on today's generation of young people. Running a campaign in NI might be a little close to home but a one-shot would definitely be on the cards!

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:40 pm

Wow, I'd be very curious to hear how you'd handle it, given your direct experience. I visited Northern Ireland in the fall of 1991 and again in 1993, not long before the ceasefire when the conflict was still quite hot. I would be reluctant as an American on the outside of that conflict to run or play a game that used it as a backdrop, and yet I am also drawn to uncomfortable themes. I think that's one I wouldn't want to record as an AP or participate in a convention setting with strangers, but maybe with a trusted group and not recorded.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the folks at Cubicle 7 will handle it in the core 70s book. If you do run something, please post here or otherwise let us know what happened!
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

PirateLawyer
Senior
Senior

Post by PirateLawyer » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:23 pm

Grotonomus wrote:I'm already prepping my first set of scenarios. Players think they are tracking down a group of American Agents working for the Soviets. Nope sorry, it's a Delta Green Cell and you've just stepped into a mess.
That's a great, great idea for a scenario. Count me interested if you consider running this online - I'd love to play it.

Mahaffa
Junior
Junior

Post by Mahaffa » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:31 am

Dr Gerard + Uncomfortable Themes = Un-anesthetized bone removal in Cthulhu Dark
Just Sayin.... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk