249 - The Music of the Spheres (Delta Green) 04

Discussion of the Skype of Cthulhu podcast.
TravelerJim
Associate Professor
249 - The Music of the Spheres (Delta Green) 04

Post by TravelerJim » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:29 am

Hayden, Nebraska
July, 2014

Things are just getting weirder in little Hayden, NB. This session finds our heroes creeping around in the dark, following suspicious individuals on the GPCA grounds. Agent Gary has a bizzare dream that interrupts his sleep, and a plague of biblical proportion descends upon the town ...

Dramatis Persone:
  • Brent as The Keeper of Arcane Lore;
    Cory as CIA analyst Nate Cranston, aka Agent Hendry;
    Jonathan as Dr. Daniel Hayes;
    Magnus as DEA Agent Dan Ferguson, aka Agent Gary;
    Samuel as Marshall Harry Dresden aka Agent Glavin.
http://www.cthulhu.me/2015/04/249-music ... en-04.html

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator
Re: 249 - The Music of the Spheres (Delta Green) 04

Post by trevlix » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:54 pm

Is there a part 5 to this?
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

TravelerJim
Associate Professor

Post by TravelerJim » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:57 am

trevlix wrote:Is there a part 5 to this?
Yep.

http://www.cthulhu.me/2015/04/251-music ... en-05.html

And part 6 will be posting shortly.

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator

Post by trevlix » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:41 pm

Ah thats right. I lost track of which ones I listened to. :) Can't wait for 6!
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

Keeper Kvallning
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Keeper Kvallning » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:28 pm

I don't know if there's a proper place for this, just a few things I'm wondering about:
Is there a reason the itunes catalogue only goes back so far? I'd love to listen to Horror on the Orient from the beginning without having to trudge through the website.
Second, about the cthulhu.me page: it autoplays episodes, so much so that when you search for a particular series, every entry that matches starts to play ontop of one another, with no visible way to stop it.
Otherwise, absolutely love most of the scenarios you've played through, the groups are great.
Keep up the good work!

EDIT: Also I apologize for posting this on a less recent episode, it just came up as the most recently responded to. Force of habit.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.
Providence P.D. - We Always Get Our Man

Mahaffa
Junior
Junior

Post by Mahaffa » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:59 pm

No problem! I usually look and/or listen through the cycle links on the right side of the page for the specific series/arc. Glad to hear you are liking the Horror on the Orient Express!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelerJim
Associate Professor

Post by TravelerJim » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:55 am

Keeper Kvallning wrote:Is there a reason the itunes catalogue only goes back so far?
For some reason lost to the depths of time, I decided to create the web site as a Blogger page rather than using WP like I usually do. Google only puts the most recent 25 (I think) posts in the feed, so that's the limit. Supposedly there's a way to increase that to include all posts, but I've never been able to get it to actually do so. One of these days I think I'll have to migrate the site elsewhere, but have not yet gotten up the gumption to do so.
Keeper Kvallning wrote:I'd love to listen to Horror on the Orient from the beginning without having to trudge through the website.
If you go to the web site there are sub-feeds (all of them are listed on the left, each of which has only the episodes in that category. You can either grab them individually, or subscribe to that feed and get only those episodes.
Keeper Kvallning wrote:Second, about the cthulhu.me page: it autoplays episodes ...
May I ask, what browser are you using? I didn't think anything would autoplay. You should be able to listen on the website by pressing the play button, but it certainly should not autoplay anything. I'd like to fix that!
Keeper Kvallning wrote:... absolutely love most of the scenarios you've played through, the groups are great. Keep up the good work!
Thank you for listening, and thanks for the feedback!

Keeper Kvallning
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Keeper Kvallning » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:17 am

I'm using Chrome, granted I haven't tried Firefox yet (I hardly use it for anything, it's a backup usually) and there isn't a play/pause function that appears on any of the pages (though if I remember correctly there was a spot that looked like it should fit one, but Chrome doesn't want to show it.) The only way to stop the autoplay is by listening to them on their individual direct download links, hence a lot of back and forth between pages that probably isn't an issue for most users, by the sounds of things. Very odd bug, though. Maybe Firefox will have to become my dedicated cthulhu.me browser if it ends up working there.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

TravelerJim
Associate Professor

Post by TravelerJim » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:42 pm

Keeper Kvallning wrote:I'm using Chrome ...
I've found some references that refer to exactly this problem - Chrome (and Opera, apparently) ignoring the autostart=false property on the player. So far I found one suggestion as to how to resolve it, but it has not worked yet. Still working on it, but at least now I know what the problem is.

Thanks!

Keeper Kvallning
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Keeper Kvallning » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:39 pm

In the meantime I'm happy to report that all the episodes seem to now be available through the itunes feed (or at least back until episode 41 of the podcast!)