Cthulhu Wars Kickstarter arrived

Tell us about the new thing you picked up. Be it a game, module, mini, dice, board game, novel, comic, video game, music, or whatever. Share what you love, or loathe with everyone.
creatureslagoon
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: Cthulhu Wars Kickstarter arrived

Post by creatureslagoon » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:39 am

I got my copy in too! Unfortunately I had quite a few broken and bent minis... Even my box was split on one end. Apparently this is an ongoing problem with the game. Great game just saddened by the lack of care in distribution for such an expensive game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Erich B.
Denton, TX

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:52 pm

creatureslagoon wrote:I got my copy in too! Unfortunately I had quite a few broken and bent minis... Even my box was split on one end. Apparently this is an ongoing problem with the game. Great game just saddened by the lack of care in distribution for such an expensive game.

Damn. That sucks man. Have you contacted the publisher? Do they have a website/forum that customers can contact them through?

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:56 am

They have promised to make good on any broken parts, including opening up their backstock if necessary to cannibalize parts.

The figurine case (which is very thick and impressive) in my copy arrived cracked. It's still in one piece and none of the minis are broken, but it pains me have paid for this expensive game and have it arrive with part of it broken. But at the same time I feel bad having them send me a whole new one since it's still fully functional (the cracks are mostly visual).

creatureslagoon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by creatureslagoon » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:44 am

Yeah, my plastic insert was cracked to but functional, box also split as well on arrival, taped it back. A couple figures warped I fixed in warm water. A couple figures came apart at glue joints. I reglued them back. A couple figures very broken and they promised replace at some point. Fun game too, just too bad I spent a small fortune on it to have it arrive in such a condition. Still an awesome looking game!

Erich B.
Denton, TX

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:58 pm

So a follow up to this, almost a year later. I finally received my stretch goals package today.

I had originally pledged for the level where you get the full game and any stretch goals. Nothing extra.
Today I received a 17 pound box!

To be honest, I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the bits, pieces, add-ons, and expansions. It's all cool stuff, but it's going to take up an entire shelf in my gaming closet!

This package contained:
Yog-Sothoth faction pack (GOO and associated figures) - bringing the total to 6 factions for the core game
20 custom dice
Asenaith Waite first-player marker
Chipboard playmats for the first 6 factions (to replace the flimsy paperboard mats that came with the core game)
GOO pack 1 - these seem to be add-on GOOs, not new factions. I'm not entirely sure how they work yet.
GOO pack 2
A giant box of resin gates (to replace the chipboard gates that came with the core game).
A giant box with 1 of every figure from all the factions and expansions (except GOOs), in a different, maroon resin color - I guess these are the "Collectors Figurines" although it appears they made all of them, not just the ones that were actually unlocked in the stretch goal chart. I think I counted 39 figures (including 6 cultists, I'm not sure why you need 6 extra 'collectable' cultists)
A greenish resin pedestal for each of the above collectable figures - no idea why you'd need these, some of the figs are already so large...

This is a massive amount of stuff, and must have cost Sandy a ton to ship to all the backers. I really hope he made money on this Kickstarter, they raised over $1.2M but with all the shipments it must have cost a fortune just to ship...

What's even more crazy is that you could get all sorts of additional add-ons during the campaign, to add extra boards (Dreamlands, Underworld) and other factions/monster packs.

Then, he's just completed a second KS campaign, Onslaught Two, that raised another $1M, adding more factions and monsters. Insanity! A veritable orgy of plastic figurines.

I have played the game a few times now, but not enough to say whether I find it really enjoyable. To be honest there is so much additional "stuff" added that I don't know if I will ever get around to trying to use all of it.

If you get this, prepare to make some room for it. The sheer mass of it might cause a mini black hole to appear on your gaming shelf.
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (609.44KiB)Viewed 26811 times
IMG_1504.JPG
IMG_1504.JPG (642.63KiB)Viewed 26811 times

creatureslagoon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by creatureslagoon » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:19 am

Yeah I am supposed to get all the extra factions, yuggoth map, larger 8 player map and all the stretch goal stuff, I will have no where to put it! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Erich B.
Denton, TX

creatureslagoon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by creatureslagoon » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:20 am

Still awaiting mine as of now. they did make good on my replacement pieces on what broke in transit of the core game a while back.

Erich B.
Denton, TX

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator

Post by trevlix » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:13 pm

creatureslagoon wrote:Yeah I am supposed to get all the extra factions, yuggoth map, larger 8 player map and all the stretch goal stuff, I will have no where to put it! Lol

I have extra storage. You can keep it at my house. :)
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

creatureslagoon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by creatureslagoon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:16 am

Finally, got it all.....it is the biggest game I have by far. It can't even fit in the gaming closet! The hpl first player token is so awesome!

Erich B.
Denton, TX

Bootlegger
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Bootlegger » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:09 am

Can't wait to get mine! Were you a supporter for Onslaught 2? I haven't heard gotten any shipping info yet for my copy of the core game.