Macabre Tales -- The Cursed House

A place for games to be managed and run, as well as looking for people to play with online.
Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor
Re: Macabre Tales -- The Cursed House

Post by Dr. Gerard » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:41 pm

EddyPo wrote:I'll consider the actual play recording of MT my mid-term project. ;)
:science: :!:
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:21 pm

EddyPo wrote:I meant to say Keeper Jon is a great keeper, although I'm sure Keeper Dan is also great.

Thanks man. That is very kind of you to say so. :oops:
EddyPo wrote:I'll consider the actual play recording of MT my mid-term project. ;)
And remember, we grade on a curve... the curve of a kukri, that is! :twisted:

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:53 am

Keeper Jon wrote:And remember, we grade on a curve... the curve of a kukri, that is! :twisted:
+12 Nerd Points for the obscure reference to Himalayan weaponry.
Plays for Keepers

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:04 pm

Dr. Gerard wrote:
Keeper Jon wrote:And remember, we grade on a curve... the curve of a kukri, that is! :twisted:
+12 Nerd Points for the obscure reference to Himalayan weaponry.
I must confess, it's a bit of a cheat. As everyone knows, (since I enjoy whoring myself out... but that's an entirely different topic), my adventure, Age of Cthulhu vol.VII: The Timeless Sands of India, is about to be published... well, guess what kind of weapon the investigators may be able to get their hands on? :cthulhu1:

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:04 pm

Keeper Jon wrote:I must confess, it's a bit of a cheat. As everyone knows, (since I enjoy whoring myself out... but that's an entirely different topic), my adventure, Age of Cthulhu vol.VII: The Timeless Sands of India, is about to be published... well, guess what kind of weapon the investigators may be able to get their hands on? :cthulhu1:
The shamelessness of your self-promotion is timeless.

Shut up and take my money. When is this thing seeing the light of day?
Plays for Keepers

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:12 am

Dr. Gerard wrote:Shut up and take my money. When is this thing seeing the light of day?
It should be very soon. I just saw a PDF of the book in a near-finished state. I am freaking out over here!!! I think it'll be hittin' the street in October.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:54 am

Keeper Jon wrote:
Dr. Gerard wrote:Shut up and take my money. When is this thing seeing the light of day?
It should be very soon. I just saw a PDF of the book in a near-finished state. I am freaking out over here!!! I think it'll be hittin' the street in October.
Sweet! Curious: what inspired you to write for this book? Do you have a particular affinity for the area? Is Chicken Korma your favorite dish? Or was it assigned?
Plays for Keepers

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:17 pm

Dr. Gerard wrote:Sweet! Curious: what inspired you to write for this book? Do you have a particular affinity for the area? Is Chicken Korma your favorite dish? Or was it assigned?
Well, I do love me some Chicken Korma, but I originally had an idea on an encounter in a desert location, but nothing to lead the investigators into the desert. So that idea sat on the shelf for a while. Then Goodman Games started coming out with their Age of Cthulhu adventures, which have a theme of being global investigations. By the third or fourth adventure I was hoping/wishing that they'd set one in India. I've always enjoyed the Indian culture, and I thought it'd be a cool locale for a Call of Cthulhu adventure. Then I thought, "Why don't I give a shot at writing it, instead of waiting on someone else to do it."

That is when I found the lead-in I needed for my desert idea. Once those thoughts came together, it didn't take long to put the whole thing together. I just hope it comes across as something that fans of the game can enjoy both running and playing.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Keeper Jon wrote:
Dr. Gerard wrote:Sweet! Curious: what inspired you to write for this book? Do you have a particular affinity for the area? Is Chicken Korma your favorite dish? Or was it assigned?
Well, I do love me some Chicken Korma, but I originally had an idea on an encounter in a desert location, but nothing to lead the investigators into the desert. So that idea sat on the shelf for a while. Then Goodman Games started coming out with their Age of Cthulhu adventures, which have a theme of being global investigations. By the third or fourth adventure I was hoping/wishing that they'd set one in India. I've always enjoyed the Indian culture, and I thought it'd be a cool locale for a Call of Cthulhu adventure. Then I thought, "Why don't I give a shot at writing it, instead of waiting on someone else to do it."

That is when I found the lead-in I needed for my desert idea. Once those thoughts came together, it didn't take long to put the whole thing together. I just hope it comes across as something that fans of the game can enjoy both running and playing.
Sounds fantastic. I'm a fan of India as a setting too, and really enjoy global campaigns, so it sounds like I should work my way through their catalog. Chaosium has a "Raj" sourcebook that would be a great companion. I've always wanted to stitch together a short campaign with scenarios in India and Tibet, maybe including some Russian-British "Great Game" intrigue.

Another question: is the Goodman stuff pretty workable for both Pulp and Purist styles? Or is it expressly Pulp-oriented?
Plays for Keepers

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:25 pm

Dr. Gerard wrote:
Keeper Jon wrote:

Sounds fantastic. I'm a fan of India as a setting too, and really enjoy global campaigns, so it sounds like I should work my way through their catalog. Chaosium has a "Raj" sourcebook that would be a great companion. I've always wanted to stitch together a short campaign with scenarios in India and Tibet, maybe including some Russian-British "Great Game" intrigue.

Another question: is the Goodman stuff pretty workable for both Pulp and Purist styles? Or is it expressly Pulp-oriented?
The Age of Cthulhu adventures are definitely pulp in nature. If a Keeper wanted to go more purist, it might not take too much reworking, but it can be done.

Also, I totally used the Raj monograph during the writing of my adventure.