MUP Community Audio- CthulhuTech- Voidwalkers

Discussion about podcast episodes
Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
MUP Community Audio- CthulhuTech- Voidwalkers

Post by Keeper Dan » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:30 pm

Voidwalkers
In November of 2075 a new technology was first tested. It was a simple test, to move a monkey instantly from one place to another. The Jump Pod had been theorized and designed. It only needed to be tested. The test was a success. Only after this testing was it found to have a negative side effect.

The man who designed it, Dr. Russell Stanton, seemed to go mad and attempted to debunk his own breakthrough. Placed into early retirement at an Ashcroft Mental Health Facility, his research was placed in the hands of a young ambitious scientist, Helmut Weisskopf.

Weisskopf thought of another use for this technology, a new weapon. With humanity on the brink of extinction with enemies lurking around every corner, we need a new bomb to solve our problem. Weisskopf’s father was influential within the New Earth Government. Weisskopf was given a new title among the Ministry of War and an atomic bomb testing facility outside of Las Vegas.

In March of 2077, a new test was prepared, and at 5:56 am Las Vegas, NV was removed from the map. The explosion looked to be a black mushroom cloud that wiped out an 80 mile radius. An inky blackness now occupies this space, and no one that goes in ever is seen again.

This space is growing, and picking up speed. The New Earth Government has issued the Office of Internal Security the task of putting together a team to go into the Zone to understand it and gather information on the fate of the team that designed the bomb, and ultimately find a way to close it. The team codename is “Voidwalkers” for into the Void they must go… What darkness awaits them?

CthulhuTech is published by Wildfire LLC.

Featuring the cast of players-

Keeper Murph as- Malcolm Havric, Mech Pilot
EddyPo as- Dova, Nazadi Fed
Keeper Jon as- Lucian Koyl, Parapsychic
Keeper Dan as- Art Toie, Archanotechnician
Toni as- Erik Fotios, Engel Pilot
With Joseph Craig as the Game Master.

Music: "The Haunter in the Dark" from the album Necronomicon by Nox Arcana
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Re: MUP Community Audio- CthulhuTech- Voidwalkers

Post by fox01313 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:14 am

Very nice to see this though while it's downloading & my time of having no play time so far with CthulhuTech, I'm wondering without spoiling things, what did the MUP hosts/keepers & others probably new to CthulhuTech think of it. I gather that there's been a few of these play sessions so far & this is the first to get launched, so rather curious to hear impressions of that system as the art & setting look lovely. Thanks for putting this up guys :)
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:11 am

To be honest, I'm only luke-warm with Cthulhu Tech, but I love their other product, The Void.
Last edited by Keeper Jon on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:30 pm

While I didn't fall in love with the rules, they were not bad by any stretch. I really love the setting, and the CT books are great RPG books to just read. There's a lot of fiction in them that really brings out the setting and tone beautifully.

hastur
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by hastur » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:09 pm

i'll second that. i'm not sure i'll ever play CT, but the rulebooks hold a significant place on my shelf for their concepts and artistry alone.
say it three times, girl
there's no tomorrow
and there's no today
say it three times
i'm not far away

i survived the Post GenCon Random Bizarre BS episode

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fox01313 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:45 am

Nice to hear about the game being decent & have to agree completely about the books I've seen for CthulhuTech, they remind me quite a lot (and I'd love to see a pc game for this idea) of the art book from the first two Mass Effect console & pc games. That being said I'd love to see someone do a similar style of action-rpg game with the CT setting as I feel that it'd get quite a lot of mileage to it. Second to that would just be more fiction on that system. Once I get stocked up on CoC/Trail of Cthulhu game & fiction stuff I'll go after the CT book at least for the lovely art as well as jumping in a game or two if I run across it at a con.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

gmbaal
Freshman
Freshman

Post by gmbaal » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:24 pm

I had a lot of fun running the game. I enjoy it. The system is a bit crunchy, but once you get past the learning curve it levels out quite a bit. The setting is just great. I enjoyed Void quite a bit as well. The system for that was more akin to Shadowrun. The setting is very rich, I want to run a non-military game. I enjoy listening to it again. Thanks for the additional Christmas present guys for posting this up for all to enjoy.

Joe
GMBaal

"Sheer Volume's Lament, the darkness in crept,
My mind never wakes, My dreams, screams, shakes...

When the wind howls no more, The fiend is at my door..."

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:34 pm

You're welcome. I looked at my back log of live plays and realized that I was behind on those. So, I prepped them both up and sent them out as a little present. :mrgreen: