Re: MU Podcast 030 – Mr. Prolific

Post by WiseWolf » Wed May 08, 2013 9:08 pm

Who said "Robotech"

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fox01313 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:15 am

Great show guys & while I'm going through the show notes to scavenge a ton of new things to look for, wanted to throw out this one thing you might like. In the 1960s Boris Karloff hosted a show called Thriller which is mostly on places like Netflix but they did a rather stunning episode for Robert E. Howard's "Pigeons from Hell". Other good ones in the first season are "Grim Reaper" (with William Shatner) & "Masquerade" (with Sam from the show Bewitched) with some deliciously wicked stories/acting to them.

intro for "Pigeons from Hell"

EDIT-also sadly not in the show notes is the man eating tree, wiki isn't great to start but it has some names & things to at least get looking in on this further for an idea in a game even if a dead herring. Though the image on the page that looks like it's from the book on the Ya-te-veo is quite Lovecraftian to just keep around.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-eating_tree
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:22 pm

Thanks for the trailer, fox#. Sorry for missing notes on the plant monsters. I'll see if I can dig up my old notes and get you some more starting points.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

zombiemaster
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by zombiemaster » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:19 pm

Catching up on episodes...

Someone mentions when they hear Mecha, they don't think "dark". I suggest folk read "Dead Mech". I was entirely impressed with their take on a zombie mech, no joke.

http://www.amazon.com/DEAD-MECH-Apex-Tr ... B004N84VBO