A brain storm on multi-group campaigns

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
Zombieneighbours
Sophmore
Sophmore
Re: A brain storm on multi-group campaigns

Post by Zombieneighbours » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:41 pm

I would suggest a new, custom made campaign.

If I was to do it, I would go with a delta green game.

One consistant group plays A-Cell, and it is their job to piece together the over arcing mystery, based upon evidence and field reports from field agents in other cells.

They also have to, based on initial reports, decide which characters to assign to which missions, managing the agents sanity and healthy based upong field reports, psychiatric repots and need.

While the field agents are let in the unenviable position of being thrown in at the deepend by other PCs, who have missed some vital piece of the puzzle or who have misjudged the appropreate skill set or the mission at hand.

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:43 pm

Dr. Gerard wrote:I have played in a game with a large group and two Keepers, and it was amazing. There are pitfalls, but my experience was incredibly memorable.

Are you planning to run or play in it? I'm reluctant to be too specific because it could be spoiled just by explaining the structure of the game and its trickery.
I would be running it (I'm the only one around here that ever runs CoC, so I never get to play :|). I've read through Grace Under Pressure and Gatsby and the Great Race, and am interested to hear about other clever scenarios like these. Feel free to PM me or use spoiler tags :)

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:50 pm

Zombieneighbours wrote:I would suggest a new, custom made campaign.

If I was to do it, I would go with a delta green game.

One consistant group plays A-Cell, and it is their job to piece together the over arcing mystery, based upon evidence and field reports from field agents in other cells.

They also have to, based on initial reports, decide which characters to assign to which missions, managing the agents sanity and healthy based upong field reports, psychiatric repots and need.

While the field agents are let in the unenviable position of being thrown in at the deepend by other PCs, who have missed some vital piece of the puzzle or who have misjudged the appropreate skill set or the mission at hand.
It's an interesting idea. I wonder if there would be enough for the A cell players to do in such a game. I also have shied away from the idea of a modern game because of technology and communication issues - it's so easy for the players to want to talk to each other via phone or IM, I like the concept of removing that crutch. I'm sure you could come up with reasons why they can't do so (the enemy might intercept the communcations, they need to be incognito, etc.), but you'd be constantly fighting that battle with them.

Zombieneighbours
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Zombieneighbours » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:26 pm

Rule one of delta green operational security in the modern age.

Don't say anything about the Mythos, on any phone line, anywhere.

The cell structure, with an added focus on 1950's trade craft thanks to the cthonic horror that is SigInt means that a delta green game can quiet happily justify not ever using any electronic means to contact A-Cell, and you simply don't have the contact details of other cells. Make pervasive internet and cellphone technology, part of the horror.

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:57 pm

Cool - I know virtually nothing about DG, so this is good background.