Volunteer voice over reading?

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
celtic1888
Freshman
Freshman
Volunteer voice over reading?

Post by celtic1888 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:49 pm

Anyone willing to do a quick and dirty voice reading of a 2 page handout (about 400-500 words) for a scenario I'm running at a convention in February?

I want to create a cassette tape reading of an author's first-hand account to play for the PCs.

Payment would be +1d6 worth of sanity, a possible cult following and a favorable mention if I can finally get this Call Azathoth spell to work correctly

Riq
Sophmore
Sophmore
Re: Volunteer voice over reading?

Post by Riq » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:09 pm

I've done voice over work before, and there's precious little money in it... So I'm used to volunteering.

Happy to help out, what do you want recorded, what language, accent and tone?

A bit more info and I'm sure one of us on the forum can help out!

celtic1888
Freshman
Freshman

Post by celtic1888 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:21 pm

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the reply.

I'm looking to have a someone read in American English, hopefully in a slight southern accent, recordings of a 1970s writer on assignment in the Amazon. Looking for a gonzo journalism/Hunter S. Thompson vibe. The script is a total of 750 words.

It spans over 3 days starting with a sort of bored, incredulous tone, moving to curiosity and then to terror.

Riq
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Riq » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:01 am

celtic1888 wrote:Sorry for the delay and thanks for the reply.

I'm looking to have a someone read in American English, hopefully in a slight southern accent, recordings of a 1970s writer on assignment in the Amazon. Looking for a gonzo journalism/Hunter S. Thompson vibe. The script is a total of 750 words.

It spans over 3 days starting with a sort of bored, incredulous tone, moving to curiosity and then to terror.
Sounds like fun, I'd be happy to help out if no one else is keen?

Pm me the stuff and / or an email address and I'll see if I can dig up my recording gear.

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:09 am

What a cool idea!
You have dibs on the project, Riq. And I'd love to hear it when you get it done. If you want any added audio effects or background sounds, just let me know. :science:
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

celtic1888
Freshman
Freshman

Post by celtic1888 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:51 pm

Cool!

PM sent

We'll be sure to send Dan a copy when it's done

Riq
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Riq » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:54 pm

Keeper Dan wrote:What a cool idea!
You have dibs on the project, Riq. And I'd love to hear it when you get it done. If you want any added audio effects or background sounds, just let me know. :science:
To be honest, as this is non commercial, I'd suggest giving it to anyone else who'd be interested so you can pick and choose the version you like best (and putting up the results for everyone here to listen too as well).

Audio effects really make prop recordings awesome - I'll try to get something back ASAP.

Thomas R. Knutsson
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Thomas R. Knutsson » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:30 pm

celtic1888 wrote:I'm looking to have a someone read in American English, hopefully in a slight southern accent, recordings of a 1970s writer on assignment in the Amazon.
Awwwww man.... I can only do a mixture of British and American English, with a Northern Swedish accent. If you're looking from a transplant from the movie Fargo, contact me. *LOL*
In the morning, mist comes up from the sea by the cliffs beyond Kingsport. White and feathery it comes from the deep to its brothers the clouds, full of dreams of dank pastures and caves of leviathan.
-"The Strange High House in the Mist" by HPL

Riq
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Riq » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:04 am

Thomas R. Knutsson wrote:
celtic1888 wrote:I'm looking to have a someone read in American English, hopefully in a slight southern accent, recordings of a 1970s writer on assignment in the Amazon.
Awwwww man.... I can only do a mixture of British and American English, with a Northern Swedish accent. If you're looking from a transplant from the movie Fargo, contact me. *LOL*
I'm now going to incorporate a Swedish character into the next game I design and get you to do the audio!

In fact that kind of gives me an idea... How about a library of audio clips of different people reading stuff useful to various scenarios?

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:09 am

That's an awesome idea!
We can make that a free offering on the download store.

Sorry I haven't done any tweaking of the file you sent me. Life kinda got in the way of the stuff I'd rather be doing.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast