Sense of Slight of Hand Man Interludes

A place for games to be managed and run, as well as looking for people to play with online.
KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
Sense of Slight of Hand Man Interludes

Post by KeeperMurph » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:01 pm

This thread is for the players of Keeper Murph's and MrBlueSky's The Sense of Slight of the Hand Man campaign happening over Skype. If you are not a member of the game then please do not post into this thread.

If you are a member of the party, then this is where we will be having game play happen until we can meet again. Any requests that you might want are to be listed here as if it were a play by post style of game. This will allow us to all continue with the exploration of Lhosk, the city we left of in, without simplifying it all down to a single dice roll.

All posts should be made in character, if there are any out of character questions that arise, they will be included in square brackets, [like this]. If it is not in brackets I will assume that you are saying or doing that as a character, which could be ridiculous or interesting.

Since we are all spread out across the globe there will be no real deadline on how long to post, but if you miss the window to act on something, then the window is gone, so try and check here in the evenings at least a few times a week. It would be nice to have a post from each person that the Keeper's statement involves before continuing, but it won't be necessary.

If this sounds good with the players then we can start this now. I will post a "Where We Left Off" style of post and then we can start. I will also take into consideration any emails sent to me up to the point where we agree that this would work. If I do not hear anything on this in the next couple of days, then I will assume it is a bust and we will just wait it out until the next game, whenever that might be.

Magnus Nordlander
Sophmore
Sophmore
Re: Sense of Slight of Hand Man Interludes

Post by Magnus Nordlander » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:24 pm

[Sounds good]

BoscoBoy
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by BoscoBoy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:09 pm

[Good with me]

Citysliker
Junior
Junior

Post by Citysliker » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:43 pm

[Fine here too]

BoscoBoy
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by BoscoBoy » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:30 am

[First thing I'd like to do (even before we get more drugs) is to find us a good majordomo, someone I'd be able to trust (given my 70 psychology, tell me if I need to make a roll) with our affairs. I'd then task the majordomo with finding us a good compound (which is not only luxurious, but is both secure and large enough to host us and our personal guard, along with a house guard, and a full compliment of staff), either for sale or for rent. Furthermore I'd task the majordomo with finding the staff. This would of course also include valets for the men and a lady's maid for Rodrica, errand boys, a food service staff, cleaning staff et c. posted by Magnus Norlander.]

The Colonel has taken command for our group, making decisions with out consultation. He wants to set up housekeeping and stay, while I want to go. I lost something central to my life here, I WANT MY BALLS BACK!! No Rodrica, no maids, no staffs beyond our real needs. We can discuss this, negotiate our position, but it should be a decision made by the group. Roderick Mason, out.

Magnus Nordlander
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Magnus Nordlander » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:19 pm

Calm down, no need for hysteria. We should discuss it, but we should do it from the comfort, privacy and safety of a compound. Considering our wealth, even if we are to set out to get back to Earth, we should plan the expedition diligently, which may take a couple of weeks. There are routes to plan, supplies to buy, scouts to send. Surely you'd agree that it's far preferable to do that living comfortably rather than from the streets? A living where we can send the errand boy to fetch us food, drugs, what have you, rather than having to do it yourself?

BoscoBoy
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by BoscoBoy » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:18 pm

Hysteria! Hysteria! I was a man! Now, I don't know what I am. If you think what happened to me is hysteria let's test it on you. I have a knife and the desire to use it. You have a eunuchs body, let's complete the process.
[As Roddy calms down]
You talk of our wealth. How rich are we? A 2nd level merchant is happy to give us a fortune, by our standards, without a blink. And when it's gone? What then. Oh I miss the boys, so much.

Magnus Nordlander
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Magnus Nordlander » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:57 pm

We may have been ripped off when it comes to the ship, but we still have more gold than we'll be able to put to use! We're rich enough to either live comfortably for the foreseeable future here in Lhosk, or to mount a both secure and comfortable expedition back to earth.

I get that you want to be a man, I reckon most women do. I also get that it must be especially difficult for you, having these emotional outbursts, and the hysteria, since you've experienced the more balanced and gentle life of being a man. Maybe you'd get your man's body back upon returning to Earth, but who knows? You could just as well come back to Earth as a woman. We shouldn't assume anything, and we shouldn't set out on an expedition without doing our due diligence first. We need information and we need a strategy, and I reckon it's best for us to stay comfortable in the mean time.

Now let's all calm down, get comfortable, and get some damn drugs (pardon my french).

BoscoBoy
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by BoscoBoy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:03 pm

A colonel from Macon Georgia. Bringing back the south, reigning over a women, an African, and a Polynesian. Typical.

But a discussion for another day.

For now let it go,

Magnus Nordlander
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Magnus Nordlander » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:07 pm

You wouldn't want to go around badmouthing Ol' Dixie, miss. I reckon rudeness doesn't become a woman of your standing here any more than it does back on Earth.

[We're kind of treading water here. As much fun as it is arguing with a sexist and racist colonel, let's do something instead. I'm thinking we should save visiting the apothecary for the actual session, since it'll probably be more fun that way.]

Now, if y'all don't mind, let's find us some servants. [To the captain of the guard:] Captain! We're looking to acquire some real estate here in Lhosk, as well as the services of a house staff. Would you happen to know at where we'd be able to trade for those here?