Nameless Horrors playtest

A place for games to be managed and run, as well as looking for people to play with online.
Scott Dorward
Senior
Senior
Nameless Horrors playtest

Post by Scott Dorward » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:06 pm

I have a Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition scenario, called Bleak Prospect, that I need to playtest. I'm looking for three or four players to join me and Paul Fricker this Saturday (the 22nd of September) at 7 PM BST/8 PM CEST/2 PM EDT/ 11 AM PDT. We will use via Google Hangout and Roll20. It would be helpful if you could use a headset to block out ambient noise. I expect the game to run for three to four hours.

The scenario is set in a shanty town in Massachusetts, during the Great Depression. I will provide pre-gens, so we can get stared almost immediately. The scenario is a touch on the grim side, and there may be some visceral nastiness involved. Don't expect a happy ending.

I have run Bleak Prospect before at UK conventions, using Cthulhu Dark, so if it sounds familiar, you may already have played it.

Please reply to this message if you're interested in joining us.

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
Re: Nameless Horrors playtest

Post by KeeperMurph » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:19 pm

I'm interested, if I can get or of the crap my wife has planned for me I'll join.

Sent from my Infected Rezound using Tapatalk 4

Scott Dorward
Senior
Senior

Post by Scott Dorward » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:50 pm

KeeperMurph wrote:I'm interested, if I can get or of the crap my wife has planned for me I'll join.
Excellent! I look forward to meeting you!

We have three potential players now, so there are two spaces left.

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:23 am

Totally interested. I'll PM you so that you can email me directly if needed.
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/

Scott Dorward
Senior
Senior

Post by Scott Dorward » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:20 am

Welcome aboard, Shannon!

That's five players now, assuming no one drops out, so this session is full. I will almost certainly run it again a week on Sunday, so watch this space for details.

Scott Dorward
Senior
Senior

Post by Scott Dorward » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:02 am

For the benefit of Murph and Shannon, as well as anyone who wants to join a game next weekend...

I'll be hosting the game via a Google Hangout. In order to access this, you will need a Google account (which you may well have already) and to log into Google+. If you PM me the names you use on G+, I will Circle you and add you to the discussion thread for the game. If you want to find me on G+, I'm registered as Scott Dorward and list my location as Milton Keynes, UK.

Around the time of the start of the game, I will open a Hangout and invite you to it. You will get a message saying this has happened, and when you click on it, you will be brought into a video chat with all the other participants.

We will use Roll20 for the dice stuff. You need a free account with them to use the plug-in. You can register for this at http://roll20.net/ Once you're registered and logged in, you shouldn't need to do any more -- the plug-in will start automatically for you when I load it in the Hangout.

If you want to try a test Hangout before then, I would be delighted to walk you through it.

Scott Dorward
Senior
Senior

Post by Scott Dorward » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:59 pm

As someone just pointed out to me, Saturday is the 21st of September. I I haven't confused you two and that you're free on the right day.

Sorry for the cock-up!

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:20 am

(Scott): I sent you a friend request on Google+. I have an account with Roll20 (but have since moved to Infrno) so I can sign in pretty easily. From what I recall Firefox works better with it than Chrome.
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/