Epic Campaign

A place for games to be managed and run, as well as looking for people to play with online.

What should we use to host the game?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:45 pm

Skype?
25%
Google Hangouts?
No votes
I don't really give a damn, I just want to play.
75%

Total votes: 4

BoscoBoy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: Epic Campaign

Post by BoscoBoy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:10 pm

Ow, 6 roll, not good I suppose. Although that fits in with my character history. :shock:

BoscoBoy
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by BoscoBoy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:19 pm

My character is a petty thief from East Boston, a mugger and a 2nd story man. Brother was in WW1 so there may be a connection there. His name is Roderick Mason.

Magnus Nordlander
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Magnus Nordlander » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:58 pm

I roll a 2.

Jabdah
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Jabdah » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:41 pm

If I can make it to the 28th, I'll be playing Rufus Hornbeam, an artist (painter & sculptor). I haven't decided where he comes from yet, but I think Rufus is flexible and goes wherever his artistic talent (or opium addiction) takes him.

And I rolled a 5.
http://monsterworld.se - Swedish Actual Play & Roleplaying podcast

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:01 am

So this is what I have so far. The random rolls determined some extra skill enhancements that you might have, and determined your relationship to the addiction that you have. You can choose opium, heroin, or morphine each individually, or I can assign it to you.
  • Character Generation Notes
  • Add +3 to each PC's POW, to a maximum of 18.
  • The SAN scores start at POW x4 rather POWx5
  • All of you begin addicted to opium, morphine, or heroin as an indefinite insanity.
  • Each of you will need to roll a 1d6 and let me know the results. I will then give you one additional tidbit of your character.
  • BoscoBoy
  • petty thief from East Boston, a mugger and a 2nd story man. Brother was in WW1 so there may be a connection there. His name is Roderick Mason.
  • rolled 6
  • After reading too deeply in a translation of the dreaded Necronomicon, you needed the drug to make peace with your despair of finding meaning in a hopeless world.
  • Add +10% to Cthulhu Mythos and Library Use
  • Magnus
  • Col. Grant Beauregard from Macon, GA. He is a retired US Army colonel and a veteran of both the Spanish-American war and the Great War (making him 59 years old). Towards the end of the Great War, Col. Beauregard was wounded in action. He was unable to get far enough away from a thrown back Mills bomb, which severely injured his left leg and has caused him psychological distress in the form of shell shock. It will not come as a surprise that he found himself a morphine addict, taking the drug to cope with the pains of his disfigured leg and the trauma of his shell shock.
  • rolled 2
  • You needed the drug to cope with the pain and terror of a terrible accident.
  • +10% to Dodge and Listen
  • Jabdah
  • Rufus Hornbeam, an artist (painter & sculptor)
  • rolled 5
  • You needed the drug to escape the flashy, shallow, desperately careless excesses of the modern age.
  • +10% to Art (choose art form) & Fast Talk.
  • CitySliker
  • Theodore Wentworth, 37, Merchant Marine. Originally from Newport, RI. Got a job on the docks at a young age which led to signing up for the merchant navy and spending most of his time on trade ships to South America and the Far East. At the outbreak of WWI he volunteered to run men and supplies to France, shipping injured troops to the US on the return run. After the end of the conflict he went back to trade ships. In one stop over in Shanghai he had some trouble with a local 'criminal' group. Trapped in a burning slum, he received bad burns to the face and arms trying to escape, hence APP of 8. At this time he became addicted to opium REASON TBA!!!! Handy in a knife fight though.
  • given roll of 1
  • You need the drug to cope with the pain of wounds and/or shell shock suffered in the Great War. Add 10% to Swim or Boating, or to Navigate and Spot Hidden if you were an officer.

Citysliker
Junior
Junior

Post by Citysliker » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:12 am

I rolled a 6!

Character to follow v shortly :o)

Magnus Nordlander
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Magnus Nordlander » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:35 am

Sweet, that plays very well into the character I had planned.

So, my character is Col. Grant Beauregard from Macon, GA. He is a retired US Army colonel and a veteran of both the Spanish-American war and the Great War (making him 59 years old). Towards the end of the Great War, Col. Beauregard was wounded in action. He was unable to get far enough away from a thrown back Mills bomb, which severely injured his left leg and has caused him psychological distress in the form of shell shock. It will not come as a surprise that he found himself a morphine addict, taking the drug to cope with the pains of his disfigured leg and the trauma of his shell shock.

Citysliker
Junior
Junior

Post by Citysliker » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:12 am

OK so here is what I have,

Theodore Wentworth, 37, Merchant Marine. Originally from Newport, RI. Got a job on the docks at a young age which led to signing up for the merchant navy and spending most of his time on trade ships to South America and the Far East. At the outbreak of WWI he volunteered to run men and supplies to France, shipping injured troops to the US on the return run. After the end of the conflict he went back to trade ships. In one stop over in Shanghai he had some trouble with a local 'criminal' group (details TBA) Trapped in a burning slum, he received bad burns to the face and arms trying to escape (hence APP of 8). At this time he became addicted to opium REASON TBA!!!! Handy in a knife fight though :D
Last edited by Citysliker on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Citysliker
Junior
Junior

Post by Citysliker » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:13 am

Keeper Murph,

The injury was just an idea, I can re-edit depending on how you want my addiction to work.

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:39 pm

Nope sounds good. Don't go into too much detail on the gang I have a perfect tie in for it.

Gentleman. I need some email addys please.

Sent from my Infected Rezound using Tapatalk 4