MU Podcast 038 – Con-Madness!

Discussion about podcast episodes
trevlix
Investigator
Investigator
Re: MU Podcast 038 – Con-Madness!

Post by trevlix » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:10 pm

Keeper Jon wrote:
TAK wrote: BTW, I started listening to Welcome to Night Vale, the pilot just sounds like a bunch of disconnected sentences of weird stuff, I hope it doesn't continue the same way cos I did not find it very entertaining.
I was the same. I haven't listened to beyond the first episode yet.
It stays the same format, although the farther you get in, the more connected the plotlines become.

I suspect that if you didn't like the first episode, the others won't change your mind.
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:07 pm

ALL HAIL THE GLOW CLOUD!
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

WiseWolf
Associate Professor

Post by WiseWolf » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:57 pm

I spoke with my wife yesterday. I am going to GenCon next year if everything goes well and finances allow. How many days does it last, Dan? Also, what else can you do other than go to the con (once it finishes my wife will join me for a trip).

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:24 pm

WiseWolf wrote:I spoke with my wife yesterday. I am going to GenCon next year if everything goes well and finances allow. How many days does it last, Dan? Also, what else can you do other than go to the con (once it finishes my wife will join me for a trip).
Not to steal Dan's thunder, but GenCon is... as they say... "The Best Four Days in Gaming!" The con runs, officially, from Thursday to Sunday. But lots of gamers, (I hear), go early for some Wednesday gaming in their hotel rooms too. As for after the con, Indianapolis is a major city with all kinds of attractions. This is a link to the official Indianapolis tourism site: http://visitindy.com/ You can find all kinds of great information there on where to eat and what to visit.

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:27 pm

Last year I coordinated a Yog-meet at Gencon'12. You guys should set something similar up as a MUP-Meet for GenCon'14.
MUP-Meet. That sounds like a contraction of Muppet Meat. Mmmmm tasty frog's legs and pork...

WiseWolf
Associate Professor

Post by WiseWolf » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:18 pm

Thanks, Jon. If and when I buy the ticket we should discuss to meet and party together.

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:59 pm

Absolutely. I intend to plan better now that I know what to expect, and I want to meet as many folks from our community as possible!
GenCon was the only time I've been to Indy, so I can't help much on that front. There are people who go early though. I wouldn't mind doing that myself if my friends I ride with are in agreement.
Next year, gaming. I intend to have something new and original prepared to run people through. No idea what yet, but saying so now can help hold me to making something. :D
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

RobH
Freshman
Freshman

Post by RobH » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:48 am

Keeper Jon wrote:
TAK wrote: BTW, I started listening to Welcome to Night Vale, the pilot just sounds like a bunch of disconnected sentences of weird stuff, I hope it doesn't continue the same way cos I did not find it very entertaining.
I was the same. I haven't listened to beyond the first episode yet.
I can understand why someone would feel that way about it, but I kind of like it. Oddness happening in a strange small town under the hot hot sun.

Scott Dorward
Senior
Senior

Post by Scott Dorward » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:09 am

I'm four episodes into Night Vale now and I adore it. I'm a sucker for dark and surreal humour, and there is enough continuity and back-referencing to make it all hang together.

In some ways, it reminds me of The League of Gentlemen, which was a British TV series about a strange little town called Royston Vasey. If you like Night Vale, you should give it a try (as well as the follow-up series, Psychoville).

bn322
Freshman
Freshman

Post by bn322 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:31 pm

I have only recently started listening to you guys and just caught up with the backlog. I want to say you guys have an amazing show which has helped myself and my players out a lot. I especially enjoy the History lectures and the discussions on the tomes. I have two players who have never read Lovecraft but after listening to your show they have grasped the setting well enough.
Also, congratulations on joining the D20 radio network. And finally, as a person who lived in the Providence area, it is always nice to hear some talk about their first experience with waterfire. I can tell it still as the ability to awe and entertain.