New Guy

A place for games to be managed and run, as well as looking for people to play with online.
Citysliker
Junior
Junior
New Guy

Post by Citysliker » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:54 pm

Guys,

I need your help. I am a total noob and would love to participate in a Skype based game.

I have never played RPGs over Skype before but have quite a broad experience of old school RPGs from 20 years ago and would love to get back in the fold.

I was going to wait for 7th ed but Im too keen!

I have played D&D, AD&D, CoC, Runequest, Judge Dredd 1st, Warhammer 1st, MERP 1st.

Any groups who are willing to coach a new guy on-line I would appreciate it.

I am old school RPG and have time to give to a good group.

Cheers chaps!

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor
Re: New Guy

Post by Dr. Gerard » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:01 am

Hi CS, I'm sure you'll find some folks who are up for a Skype game on here. I'd jump in myself if I wasn't currently fighting real life intrusions. If you don't get any bites in a few days, we'll also be able to connect you with other forums and recruiting spots to get you rolling them dice!

By the way, there are tons of people like yourself on here who have returned to gaming after a long break. I'm one of them!
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:22 am

Just watch this thread for online games, especially one shots.
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/

Magnus Nordlander
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Magnus Nordlander » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:20 pm

I'd love to play a few one-shots, especially if the game would be at euro-friendly times.

I know it's not quite what you were asking for, but if there are other players (and perhaps most importantly, a good keeper) interested in forming a group, I'd love to join in, even if it's just for a single one-shot game.

I know the system pretty well, though I'm not a very experienced role-player.

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:27 am

When I do one shots they're typically in the evening PST or Sunday afternoons PST.

Magnus Nordlander
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Magnus Nordlander » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:13 pm

Shannon Mac wrote:When I do one shots they're typically in the evening PST or Sunday afternoons PST.
Yeah, it seems to be quite common. Sadly, there's a 9 hour difference between PST and CET, so that's in the middle of the night/very early morning, and thus not very euro-friendly, at least not on work days :)

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:12 am

How bad do you want to play? LOL

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:21 pm

Magnus Nordlander wrote:
Shannon Mac wrote:When I do one shots they're typically in the evening PST or Sunday afternoons PST.
Yeah, it seems to be quite common. Sadly, there's a 9 hour difference between PST and CET, so that's in the middle of the night/very early morning, and thus not very euro-friendly, at least not on work days :)
Out of curiosity, what times and days work best for you Magnus?
Not a hack!

Citysliker
Junior
Junior

Post by Citysliker » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:16 pm

I can try and be flexible myself if I know where the game is being hosted from in terms of time difference.

If I know in advance I can plan ahead.

I do have certain commitments do I can try and get around these for a good old CoC session!

Magnus Nordlander
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Magnus Nordlander » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:16 pm

EddyPo wrote:
Magnus Nordlander wrote:
Out of curiosity, what times and days work best for you Magnus?
In ranking order: Saturday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday, Tuesday, Friday, Monday :)

As for times, weekdays after 7 pm CET (or CEST during the summer), saturdays any time, sundays before about 4 pm CET/CEST.

I have a pretty busy but somewhat flexible schedule, so as long as I'm given a couple of weeks notice most times shouldn't be much of a problem.