"New To Cthulhu" Game

A place for games to be managed and run, as well as looking for people to play with online.
Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree
"New To Cthulhu" Game

Post by Nvision » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:48 pm

When I first got into Call of Cthulhu, it was after a long hiatus from the hobby. I had moved half-way across the country several years earlier, but because I worked from home and outside of the city I hadn't made many friends, and none of them were into RPGs. I was able to find a group playing in the north of Calgary, about an hours' drive away, and despite my trepidation, I jumped in. It was incredibly daunting, being new to the group and away from the hobby for so long, I was worried I would muck things up, misunderstand the rules, or just not fit in. Luckily, the group was very welcoming and helped ease me into the game. Our Keeper was top-notch, and I learned a lot of what I bring to my own table from him.

There are a fair number of folks here who are rather new to the game, and some who may not have played at all. I've been lucky enough to get in on some Skype-based games with members here, and had a blast getting back on the other side of the screen. I'd like to pay it forward and run a game just for newbies, where there's no pressure and questions are more than welcome. If there's interest, I'll PM everyone with details, and we can sort out a day and a scenario. I'm on EST, and would like to start around 9:00PM, though I'm open to almost any night.

Chime in if you'd like to play! :cthulhudance:

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
Re: "New To Cthulhu" Game

Post by Keeper Dan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:51 pm

:yay: :rock: :yay:
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

Howard
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by Howard » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:11 pm

In the near future, a month or so, I'll be knocking. :mummy:

ToCKeeper
Freshman
Freshman

Post by ToCKeeper » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:22 pm

Nvision wrote:When I first got into Call of Cthulhu, it was after a long hiatus from the hobby. I had moved half-way across the country several years earlier, but because I worked from home and outside of the city I hadn't made many friends, and none of them were into RPGs. I was able to find a group playing in the north of Calgary, about an hours' drive away, and despite my trepidation, I jumped in. It was incredibly daunting, being new to the group and away from the hobby for so long, I was worried I would muck things up, misunderstand the rules, or just not fit in. Luckily, the group was very welcoming and helped ease me into the game. Our Keeper was top-notch, and I learned a lot of what I bring to my own table from him.

There are a fair number of folks here who are rather new to the game, and some who may not have played at all. I've been lucky enough to get in on some Skype-based games with members here, and had a blast getting back on the other side of the screen. I'd like to pay it forward and run a game just for newbies, where there's no pressure and questions are more than welcome. If there's interest, I'll PM everyone with details, and we can sort out a day and a scenario. I'm on EST, and would like to start around 9:00PM, though I'm open to almost any night.

Chime in if you'd like to play! :cthulhudance:
I'd be interested. I have never played CoC, but I would be interested in giving it a go. Ken Hite swears by the game and if Ken Hite says it's awesome...it's probably awesome.

Mahaffa
Junior
Junior

Post by Mahaffa » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:49 am

Salutations !

Firstly, a hearty thanks to Keepers Chad, Dan, John, & Murph for the wonderful podcast they provide us. Secondly, I am most certainly excited about joining and/or running a CoC 1920's era campaign. Being recently introduced to this game for the first time I was instantly drawn to it. I have just this past week started running "The Edge of Darkness" and it went pretty well. I have also, thanks to MU Podcast :cthulhudance: , setup this as well as the Ilsley Variant adventure on roll20. Please let me know if you or any others are interested in playing via Skype I am pretty much available on nights and am in California (PST). Thanks again to MU and hope to play online with someone soon! Go Pods!

jovial1
Freshman
Freshman

Post by jovial1 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:37 am

I'm definitely interested in playing. I've only been involved with two sessions, and one fell apart due to general lack of focus. I'm very eager to see others act as Keeper, and to be on the playing side of things. I'm Eastern time as well, but at 9 pm, I'd need to be a Friday night, or some Saturdays.

I just can't be up late on weeknights, as I've got to be at work by 6:30 am.

Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree

Post by Nvision » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:22 pm

I'm going to set this as a Friday night game, as I think it's most viable for the majority. So, depending on how quickly we fill up, I'll tentatively set the game for May 3rd at 9:00PM EST, with a fallback date of May 10th at 9:00PM. Sound good?

ToCKeeper
Freshman
Freshman

Post by ToCKeeper » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:05 pm

Nvision wrote:I'm going to set this as a Friday night game, as I think it's most viable for the majority. So, depending on how quickly we fill up, I'll tentatively set the game for May 3rd at 9:00PM EST, with a fallback date of May 10th at 9:00PM. Sound good?
That should work for me.

jovial1
Freshman
Freshman

Post by jovial1 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:36 pm

Nvision wrote:I'm going to set this as a Friday night game, as I think it's most viable for the majority. So, depending on how quickly we fill up, I'll tentatively set the game for May 3rd at 9:00PM EST, with a fallback date of May 10th at 9:00PM. Sound good?
I'm in!

Mahaffa
Junior
Junior

Post by Mahaffa » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:09 pm

So in on this !!! Standard character creation ? Would you want us to pre make characters and send to you or make on game night ?