Looking for Delta Green players, Infrno/Skype

A place for games to be managed and run, as well as looking for people to play with online.
Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree
Re: Looking for Delta Green players, Infrno/Skype

Post by Nvision » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:10 pm

I think that there could be a bit more of a sense of urgency to drive investigators forward in this. Having 48 hours before family shows up let us proceed at kind of a leisurely and thorough pace (even taking time to make sandwiches!). Perhaps if Majestic-12 or another organization had already been alerted to Baughman's death and agent status it would put more pressure on players. Even having a red herring of a P.I., nosy neighbour, or another interested party watching the building could ratchet up the paranoia. The game was well handled, though, and it felt like a good intro to field operations and how DG operates internally.

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: Looking for Delta Green players, Infrno/Skype

Post by EddyPo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:31 pm

Shannon Mac wrote: Morgan and I were a bit perplexed that it won an award as we felt the ending was "kind of easy" but then he and I are COC veterans of a sort and maybe it was intended for people mostly new to COC and DG?
You're exactly right. I first heard about this one from Adam Scott Glancy when they guys interviewed him in episode 020.

http://www.mu-podcast.com/miskatonic-un ... ith-a-s-g/

The scenario isn't terribly dangerous, but is a good first look at what DG is about and what kind of life and madnesses face all DG agents: one of dwindling friends, alienated family, dark secrets, and bologna sandwiches. In fact, the trouble at the end is ridiculously easy to stop. The absolutely unnecessary incident at the septic tank makes me smile. :)
Nvision wrote:I think that there could be a bit more of a sense of urgency to drive investigators forward in this. Having 48 hours before family shows up let us proceed at kind of a leisurely and thorough pace (even taking time to make sandwiches!). Perhaps if Majestic-12 or another organization had already been alerted to Baughman's death and agent status it would put more pressure on players. Even having a red herring of a P.I., nosy neighbour, or another interested party watching the building could ratchet up the paranoia. The game was well handled, though, and it felt like a good intro to field operations and how DG operates internally.
Those are fantastic ideas. I like the time crunch idea a lot. If/when I run this again I'll work that in. BTW, there was a neighbor that the the agents dodged with the group luck roll. I probably should have made Agent Steve roll luck again when he and Agent Phil finally made their way up to the apartment ...

But thanks again agents. Well done. You made me look like a better keeper than I really am. I'm planning the next op, so stay frosty.
Not a hack!