MUP Sponsored Live Play

A place for games to be managed and run, as well as looking for people to play with online.

Should we schedule an open community live play game weekly late at night?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:05 pm

yes
100%
no
No votes
i don't care about gaming I'm here for Murf's awesome voice.
No votes

Total votes: 8

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
MUP Sponsored Live Play

Post by KeeperMurph » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:05 pm

I am contemplating ways in which to get more games squeezed into the week. One thought that seems to have passed muster, was to schedule a late night game every Friday night at 10:30ish CST.

The game would be over skype, or google+, or basically anyway we can manage to record it. Then we will release it to the masses. The real kicker is that you guys can be the keeper. And we can play. ;) The reasoning here is that there is far too many things to play and we do not have experience with every system.

So what do you guys think? It's a poll answer there. Comment in thread please.

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: MUP Sponsored Live Play

Post by EddyPo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:21 pm

That is a cool idea!
Not a hack!

jovial1
Freshman
Freshman

Post by jovial1 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:26 pm

I'd love to be a part of this, but I'm unsure of my own ability to stay up late enough. I'm not as young as I used to be, and I'm an East Coaster to boot. :fhtagn:

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:13 am

KeeperMurph wrote:I am contemplating ways in which to get more games squeezed into the week. One thought that seems to have passed muster, was to schedule a late night game every Friday night at 10:30ish CST.

The game would be over skype, or google+, or basically anyway we can manage to record it. Then we will release it to the masses. The real kicker is that you guys can be the keeper. And we can play. ;) The reasoning here is that there is far too many things to play and we do not have experience with every system.

So what do you guys think? It's a poll answer there. Comment in thread please.
Ya, that won't work for me, but maybe us east coasters can get an earlier Friday thing going. It'll be a few weeks down the road for me.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:53 pm

If sessions were limited to 2 hours we might make it more attractive to people who don't want to stay up to 3 in the morning.
Not a hack!

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator

Post by trevlix » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:27 pm

Sounds good to me. I'm an East Coaster too - starting @ 11:30 EST might be too late, but I'd be happy to jump in on an earlier game.
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

Scriven
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Scriven » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:35 pm

This is something I'd love to be involved in, but carving out time every Friday on a week-by-week basis -- even later in the evening -- might get a just little tricky from time to time. Maybe there are some of us who would be willing to do a bi-weekly option. That said, I haven't the foggiest notion of how to record a session. I'd be happy to play with either the east-coasters or the mid-westerners.
AKA Professor Max von Schiller of the Miskatonic Area Paranormal Society (MAPS)
AKA George Finch of the Secret Everest Expedition
"Let's see if someone tries to kill us and work backwards" -- Dr. Who

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:10 pm

Sorry to be late responding guys. EddyPo gave me a further idea for this on his DG game he is setting up. What if we decide the GM/Keeper first and then have a poll that will determine the night of the week and then time that it can happen. This way it is floating, potentially, throughout the week to that time slot that best suits players, et al.

Thomas R. Knutsson
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Thomas R. Knutsson » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:09 pm

Yes, that sounds like a great idea. Getting together a group first, then finding a "bat-day" and "bat-time" that works for all.
In the morning, mist comes up from the sea by the cliffs beyond Kingsport. White and feathery it comes from the deep to its brothers the clouds, full of dreams of dank pastures and caves of leviathan.
-"The Strange High House in the Mist" by HPL

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:13 pm

I think that works well. Then if everyone agrees to share a recording, then we'll be happy to share it on the feed.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast