MUP 17- Made to Order Monsters

Discussion about podcast episodes
Zombieneighbours
Sophmore
Sophmore
Re: MUP 17- Made to Order Monsters

Post by Zombieneighbours » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:43 am

Dan: I say this as a big fan of both the laundry and delta green.

I think that the laundry is more fatalistic. Though the atrocity archive/concrete jungle, and the Jennifer morgue are very light, once you hit the fuller memorandum and apocalypse codex things get really dark and messy.

Delta green fight the good fight, but the stars might not be right in their lifetime.

The laundry are gearing up for a war they know they cannot win, that they know will come within their lifetime(if they can survive the multitude of horrors that stand between now and then), and they are prepared to sell their humanity down the river for a chance at survival...You should be encountering scorpion stare soon ;)

All those jokes, all the complaining about management... It's whistling at the darkness.

Cthuhugh
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Cthuhugh » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:39 am

I thoroughly enjoyed the podcast,more is better I think.Chad was channeling me in response to Murph at times. ;)
TAK wrote:
Ken & Robin podcast is all kinds of awesome, still haven't managed to get thru all of them cos I tend to listen to the new stuff when it's released. I don't know how they do it. I can barely get 10% of all the shit done that I can think of during the day.

And hey, no weekly release, I wanna do more actual plays... Murph, when is that Delta Green campaign starting? Huh? I wanna so be a part of that.
Amen to that Toni.

..ohh and speaking of Robin,this chap signed Ashen Stars for me and talked me into buying a module...and bagged my book!

Steve Highfield in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario. Fenton Beanland in the Call of Cthulhu "The Inheritor " scenario.

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator

Post by trevlix » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:40 pm

Great show as always!

For horror writers that are under-rated, I'll throw in C.J. Hernderson. While I wouldn't call him traditional horror, probably more pulpy, his Teddy London series is great. The first book of his I read was "THE OCCULT DETECTIVES OF C.J. HENDERSON", which is amazing and has alot of Lovecraftian stories in it. He has also published "HE TALES OF INSPECTOR LEGRASSE", although I have not read it yet.

Also, great talk on the Revelations of Glaaki. Gave me a great idea for a campaign. I think you guys got the descriptions of the different books from the YS wiki, but does anyone know where those descriptions came from? I'm re-reading The Inhabitants of the Lake, but I don't remember reading that before.
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:48 pm

trevlix wrote:Great show as always!

For horror writers that are under-rated, I'll throw in C.J. Hernderson. While I wouldn't call him traditional horror, probably more pulpy, his Teddy London series is great. The first book of his I read was "THE OCCULT DETECTIVES OF C.J. HENDERSON", which is amazing and has alot of Lovecraftian stories in it. He has also published "HE TALES OF INSPECTOR LEGRASSE", although I have not read it yet.

Also, great talk on the Revelations of Glaaki. Gave me a great idea for a campaign. I think you guys got the descriptions of the different books from the YS wiki, but does anyone know where those descriptions came from? I'm re-reading The Inhabitants of the Lake, but I don't remember reading that before.
We did indeed get the description from the Wiki, and probably should have said so during the show. I'm guessing those summaries might come from game materials, but I can't be sure. If anyone out there finds some answers, we should give a hat tip to the original materials.

I'll have to check out C.J. Henderson -- sounds great.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Zombieneighbours
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Zombieneighbours » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:25 pm

Without comparing them, I will hazard a guess that the descriptions on the wiki originate in "Keeper's companion vol 1" by Chaosium, which contains a lot of game detail on the assembled volumes.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:02 am

Zombieneighbours wrote:Without comparing them, I will hazard a guess that the descriptions on the wiki originate in "Keeper's companion vol 1" by Chaosium, which contains a lot of game detail on the assembled volumes.
Ah yes, that seems to be it exactly. Though it turns out that there is material in the wiki that isn't in the Companion, so someone had compiled information from other sources. We really should give credit, though. I think it's at least linked in the show notes.
Plays for Keepers

vladsee
Freshman
Freshman

Post by vladsee » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:48 am

Here is my daughter who was born last week! In the corner of her crib is a hand crafted doll that my sister made for my baby but I don't think it would be fair to enter it in the Celia's Cilia Giveaway since it wasn't my creation nor was it created by a child. Just want to share it and hopefully inspire others. Anyway, here is baby Cthulhu guarding my baby Sophia while she is sleeping.

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:31 pm

vladsee wrote:Here is my daughter who was born last week! In the corner of her crib is a hand crafted doll that my sister made for my baby but I don't think it would be fair to enter it in the Celia's Cilia Giveaway since it wasn't my creation nor was it created by a child. Just want to share it and hopefully inspire others. Anyway, here is baby Cthulhu guarding my baby Sophia while she is sleeping.
That is awesome! And congratulations on the birth of your baby girl! :cthulhudance: :cthulhudance: :cthulhudance: :cthulhudance:

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:17 pm

Cthuhugh wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed the podcast,more is better I think.Chad was channeling me in response to Murph at times. ;)
Heheh -- Dude, someone has to reign in the resident crank now and then. :cthulhu2:
Plays for Keepers

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:19 pm

vladsee wrote:Here is my daughter who was born last week! In the corner of her crib is a hand crafted doll that my sister made for my baby but I don't think it would be fair to enter it in the Celia's Cilia Giveaway since it wasn't my creation nor was it created by a child. Just want to share it and hopefully inspire others. Anyway, here is baby Cthulhu guarding my baby Sophia while she is sleeping.
Awwww...that is so sweet. Please wait until she's out of diapers to mention that her bunk mate is actually "dead but dreaming."
Plays for Keepers