Anyone out there ...

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
PirateLawyer
Senior
Senior
Re: Anyone out there ...

Post by PirateLawyer » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:11 am

Canageek wrote:I'll be honest; I don't eat out much. I just suggested The Storm Crow due to the gaming connection and easy transit access at both locations. If you've got other suggestions and are interested in a meetup, I'd love to hear them.
I have many. I will wait to hear back from the original poster and we can continue this conversation via e-mail, hopefully.

KeeperAntUK
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by KeeperAntUK » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:57 am

I've only been to one Storm Crow location .. After I geeked out a little it seemed decent food etc ... But that's why I need local guides ;-)

Things are moving a-pace with regards coming over. Waiting to hear about one more thing, but it seems likely to be late Oct/early Nov.

I assume the bears will be roaming freely around the frozen downtown area by then? ;)

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:01 pm

Dream team gaming group: Koakai, KeeperAnt and PirateLawyer. That, my friends, would be a wild ride.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Canageek
Senior
Senior

Post by Canageek » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:34 pm

KeeperAntUK wrote:I've only been to one Storm Crow location .. After I geeked out a little it seemed decent food etc ... But that's why I need local guides ;-)

Things are moving a-pace with regards coming over. Waiting to hear about one more thing, but it seems likely to be late Oct/early Nov.

I assume the bears will be roaming freely around the frozen downtown area by then? ;)
That was my impression of The Storm Crow as well. Unlike EXP, the gaming bar, which seemed to be OK food at insane prices. That said, I find Vancouverites as a group have very high standards for food, much higher then most places I've lived.

You seem to be mistaking Vancouver for REAL Canada where you actually get snow. Also, the bears go to sleep when it is frozen out. You don't seem them downtown, only out near the woods where I live. (I've never seen one, but have seen pictures of them in places less then a km from my apartment. One time they had issues with them sitting right by the side of the road into campus and it causing traffic to backup.)
Moderator of the Suppressed Transmissions board.
Plays GURPS, Call of Cthulhu and a few other things.

PirateLawyer
Senior
Senior

Post by PirateLawyer » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:15 am

Dr. Gerard wrote:Dream team gaming group: Koakai, KeeperAnt and PirateLawyer. That, my friends, would be a wild ride.
We will have to make this happen somehow. No sacred cows would be spared, lots of research acumen to draw upon, etc. etc.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:17 pm

Meant to add Canageek to that list. Would love to get a photo if anything of the sort occurs.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

PirateLawyer
Senior
Senior

Post by PirateLawyer » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:41 am

Canageek wrote:That was my impression of The Storm Crow as well. Unlike EXP, the gaming bar, which seemed to be OK food at insane prices. That said, I find Vancouverites as a group have very high standards for food, much higher then most places I've lived.
Yes, I am a true native-born son of Vancouver. I embody the foodie stereotype Canageek has identified. I will insist we go to a better sort of pub or lounge than Storm Crow, which is not bad by any means but nothing to write home about. ;)

Gaming is best done at someone's home, at a convention venue, or through a university gaming club where they can book a proper private room.

If we can get this mythical gathering together, I will provide photographic evidence to the MUP community ...

Canageek
Senior
Senior

Post by Canageek » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:52 pm

PirateLawyer wrote:
Canageek wrote:That was my impression of The Storm Crow as well. Unlike EXP, the gaming bar, which seemed to be OK food at insane prices. That said, I find Vancouverites as a group have very high standards for food, much higher then most places I've lived.
Yes, I am a true native-born son of Vancouver. I embody the foodie stereotype Canageek has identified. I will insist we go to a better sort of pub or lounge than Storm Crow, which is not bad by any means but nothing to write home about. ;)

Gaming is best done at someone's home, at a convention venue, or through a university gaming club where they can book a proper private room.

If we can get this mythical gathering together, I will provide photographic evidence to the MUP community ...
Well, once we've met up and I've verified none of you are axe murders, I can book rooms on campus at SFU in the chemistry dept. (Well, "book" in that I have the key and there is no booking system after 6 pm or on weekends.) Only requirement is no getting caught drinking. The downside, is that SFU is way out in Burnaby and at the top of a small mountain, so transportation there is an issue.
Moderator of the Suppressed Transmissions board.
Plays GURPS, Call of Cthulhu and a few other things.

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:07 am

Welcome, Ant.

This year there is a good chance I will be attending Necronomicon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/

KeeperAntUK
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by KeeperAntUK » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:06 pm

Quick update!

Still waiting for some paperwork (LMIA) to be cleared, but it seems that once that is done we're good to go. Still no guarantee or confirmation sadly. We are still optimistic that we will be in Canada by end of November, possibly earlier.

The food in Vancouver was excellent when I was over earlier this year, though I will be on budget until I sort out some work etc to supplement my writing income, so extravagance may have to wait a little ;-)

Nice gaming group shaping up though :-)

How would we decide who is Keeper though?

Ant