Indexing MUP

Questions, comments, quips, criticisms, suggestions & compliments regarding the podcast and this forum.
Shimmin Beg
Sophmore
Sophmore
Re: Indexing MUP

Post by Shimmin Beg » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:53 pm

Yeah, I actually had a few more in there but stripped it down to what seemed broad and/or memorable. So episodes with scenario design discussion seemed like a useful thing to be able to crawl, whereas "ah, what was it, that one with the vikings?" seemed like a plausible thing for someone to be hunting down. I tried to make sure the tags I picked were things you might remember next time you needed a tag, although as I know from YSDC wiki that doesn't always work out!

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:15 am

I just tagged Episode 27 with all of your tags. One down, nearly 100 more to go!
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Shimmin Beg
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Shimmin Beg » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:21 pm

Dyfal donc a dyr y garreg, as they say...

Episode 35 (why no, I don't listen to episodes in any coherent order; why do you ask?):
7e, cthulhu wars, cephalophobia, unspeakable oath, slang, characterisation, indonesian hopping zombies, robo vampire, website, horror movies, cast a deadly spell, john dies at the end, die monster die, last lovecraft, reanimator, jimmy and the professor, interviews, kickstarter, stratigraph, player agency, cthulhutech, warhammer 40k, fez

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:27 pm

E35 tags added! Thanks for this!
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Shimmin Beg
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Shimmin Beg » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:28 pm

And Episode 77, because I'm off sick today:
music, collectibles, eibon, the thing at the threshold, rulesets, cthulhu dark, tremulus, trail of cthulhu, vampires, terrors from beyond, coming full circle, ultraviolet, janitor john, website, keeping, design, improvising, planning, convention play, analysis paralysis, writer's block, pacing, would like to see, paul revere, high mediaeval, location-based scenarios, caribbean, sourcebooks

Shimmin Beg
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Shimmin Beg » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:12 pm

Some more listening finally happened. Slow, I know. It's been a weird couple of months. I was speaking Japanese 10 hours a day for a few weeks and now I'm kind of snowed under with excessive real life. How's a guy supposed to write scenarios? I can't work under these conditions!

Episode 93
shadows over sol, arkham gazette, witches, cthulhu tales, card games, goblin on bourbon street, journal of lovecraftian science, feed the shoggoth, kickstarter, achtung cthulhu, dread, playing with family, arkham horror, new players, computer games, emulation, ambient sound mixer, special effects, atmosphere, music, sound effects, parcel of terror, nightmare on elm street, mysterious package, pvp, persuasion, opposed rolls, free will, social skill, table dynamics, player skill or character skill, negotiation, social combat, handling disagreements, con games, mind control, that pathfinder guy

(I didn't tag the In Memoriam section. I couldn't think how and it wasn't something I wanted to mess up)

Episode 94
conspiracy theories, golden goblin press, computer games, reviews from r'yleh, at the mountains of madness, sentinel hill, podcasts, weird photos, mutants, mutation, natural history, weird animals, colour out of space, fluoridation, communists, mind control, industrialists, pollution, dracula dossier, tcho-tcho, cannibalism, fantastic four, serpent people, lao, time travel, hounds of tindalos, flint michigan, contamination, gla'aki, telepathy, mk ultra, asylums, experiments, kennedy assassination, manchurian candidate, sleeper agents, bootlegging, shell shock, high frequency active auroral research program, weather control, mythos traps, denver, airports, post-apocalyptic, tunnels, weird art, symbolism,

I was torn about spelling, but Lovecraft goes for "colour" so there we are.

Shimmin Beg
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Shimmin Beg » Sun May 15, 2016 6:41 pm

Apparently I'm listening to old episodes again.

personal history, getting into rpgs, getting into coc, keeping mistakes, dread, call of cthulhu, trail of cthulhu, macabre tales, randomization

hppodcast, byakhee, the festival, derleth, harvey walters, san loss, hordes, rulebook, timeless sands of india, injury, explaining to the authorities, cults, byakhee cult leaders, intelligent monsters, communication, telepathy, character creation, point buy, statistics, attributes, game balance, opposed rolls, siz, depicting monsters, idea roll, keeping things going, combat, hack and slash, initiative, turn order, new players, d&d 4e, playing sensibly, surviving coc, quickstart rules