In the box

Feedback on the new edition of Horror on the Orient Express and discussion about the campaign. Spoilers abound, so be aware!
technuthulhu
Freshman
Freshman
In the box

Post by technuthulhu » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:33 pm

Hello there! So, yesterday I received my long anticipated Horror Kickstarter box. YaY! This morning I was able to really start looking through things. What's there looks great, but I was disappointed that things like the train tickets had bent/wrinkled corners and the napkins were wrinkled. I suppose this happened in shipping, but they could have been better protected. I also did a quick inventory and found a few things missing. Does anyone happen to know if the following items were to ship separately?
  • bumper sticker
    Chaosium dice
    keeper's screen
    coffee mug
I rather expected them in the box. There was a nice note stating that the puzzle-cut simulacrum would ship in January.

I'm looking forward to running it in the new year. Looks like I have lots reading and planning!

Thanks.
--ron.

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator
Re: In the box

Post by trevlix » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:02 pm

The dice, screen and mug are part of the second shipment...or at least I didn't get it in mine.

As for the bumper sticker, do you know what its supposed to look like? I got some stickers in mine but am not sure if its what you are refering to.
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

technuthulhu
Freshman
Freshman

Post by technuthulhu » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:51 pm

Turns out there IS a bumper sticker in the shrink wrapped box set. there's 4 little luggage stickers then a larger bumper sticker that says "Experience horror and luxury aboard the simplon-orient express, a journey like no other" in the little manila envelope. so, now i'm not sure if we should expect one for the conductor level too or just the one in the box set... anyhow, looking forward to digging in and running this in the new year.

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator

Post by trevlix » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:55 am

OK, yes I received that one too.
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

toddwo
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by toddwo » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 pm

Here's what Chaosium announced in their last HOtOE Kickstarter update:

First shipment:

• Box set of Horror on the Orient Express • Dining Kit • Desk Accessories • Souvenirs from the Journey • Ephemera • Shirt/s • Tote • Train Tickets • Passport Packs • Croix de l’Orient Express • Mug • Mission Patch • Soundtrack • Medallion of Ithaqua • Bumper Sticker • Luggage Tag • The Express Diaries • Extra Handouts • Madness on the Orient Express •

A second delivery containing the Clandestine Game Case, Dice, Miniatures, Keeper Screen, and the Puzzle-Cut Simulacrum and Mims Sahis is expected to ship in mid-January (subject to delivery to us of the dice and miniatures).

The mugs were supposed to be in the initial shipment. Has there been some sort of statement from Chaosium revising the update?
That’s what you young chaps have got to remember – when you run, run, full speed, with never a thought for anything else; don’t look or listen or dither even for an instant; let terror have his way, for he’s the best friend you’ve got- Harry Flashman

technuthulhu
Freshman
Freshman

Post by technuthulhu » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:00 pm

I haven't see an official announcement, but when I contacted them through KS here's their response:
Hi Ron, the bumper sticker should be in the envelope along with the luggage stickers. Let me know if it isn't in there. We sent out an update a short while back saying that the dice and the keepers screen will go in a second shipment with the simulacrum, we expect it will go out in mid-january, when we expect to have the simulacrum from the printer. When packing up these shipments, it was determined that the mugs would make it awkward, and shipping them in this shipment would increase the likeliness of them being damaged by the hefty brick of books, so we will be sending those out in the second shipment as well.
Thanks for your message.
So, I think this clears things up for me at least. ;)

toddwo
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by toddwo » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:55 pm

Thanks for passing that along. I love Chaosium, but, gosh darn it, I wish they would let us know these things.
That’s what you young chaps have got to remember – when you run, run, full speed, with never a thought for anything else; don’t look or listen or dither even for an instant; let terror have his way, for he’s the best friend you’ve got- Harry Flashman