Starfall Actual Play Recording

This is the place to brag about your exploits... In Mythos investigations. What were you thinking, perv?
If you have great gaming stories, you can post them here for all to see and wish they has been there too, or at least that it had been recorded.
gmbaal
Freshman
Freshman
Starfall Actual Play Recording

Post by gmbaal » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:06 am

I've shared this over on Google+, but have not shared it here. Weekend before last I ran Starfall over the Plateau of Leng, well the first half it. I have it up now on my Actual Play site so I'll post a link here if anyone wants to hear a live play of this awesome game. So here it is:

http://gmbaal.us/age-cthulhu-starfall-p ... leng-pt-1/

Thanks,
GMBaal
GMBaal

"Sheer Volume's Lament, the darkness in crept,
My mind never wakes, My dreams, screams, shakes...

When the wind howls no more, The fiend is at my door..."

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor
Re: Starfall Actual Play Recording

Post by Keeper Jon » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:58 pm

I'm literally listening to this as I type this response. I'm just 18 minutes into the recording. I'm excited to see how it unfolds. And thank you all for the kind words at the beginning. :cthulhu1:

gmbaal
Freshman
Freshman

Post by gmbaal » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:52 pm

You are quite welcome Jon. With most games I do not run written scenarios, but this one was so well written I had to run it. That is one thing that CoC in general has that other games do not seem to have, organic well written scenarios that handle the fact that players NEVER go the way the scenario is intended. You certainly have a gift for the random thoughts of players. There was only one piece of information that I had to look up and that was travel time by car from town to the Sleep Clinic so I just guessed on that. Great job.
GMBaal

"Sheer Volume's Lament, the darkness in crept,
My mind never wakes, My dreams, screams, shakes...

When the wind howls no more, The fiend is at my door..."

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:58 pm

gmbaal wrote:You are quite welcome Jon. With most games I do not run written scenarios, but this one was so well written I had to run it. That is one thing that CoC in general has that other games do not seem to have, organic well written scenarios that handle the fact that players NEVER go the way the scenario is intended. You certainly have a gift for the random thoughts of players. There was only one piece of information that I had to look up and that was travel time by car from town to the Sleep Clinic so I just guessed on that. Great job.
Yes, the time it takes to get from the town of Eureka Springs to the sleep clinic is the speed of plot, that's for sure.