Small Snippets

This is the place to brag about your exploits... In Mythos investigations. What were you thinking, perv?
If you have great gaming stories, you can post them here for all to see and wish they has been there too, or at least that it had been recorded.
GreatmanKing
Freshman
Freshman
Small Snippets

Post by GreatmanKing » Thu May 22, 2014 2:38 am

I am currently in a group that is slowly (due to being our sessions being predominantly social in nature) slogging through the Masks campaign. Now amongst some of achievements is getting blamed for Jackson Elias' murder (not unheard of for groups or so I've heard), my character, a Professor of Parapsychology, being thrown into a nuthouse because the police thought he was insane due to his postulations. Thankfully he was released into the hands of another PC, a member of the British Army Medical Corps. Then there is our Professional Texan, who has this listed as his occupation, who has invented the pitchfork Shotgun, which is as it sounds, a pitchfork securely attached to a shotgun so as to be effective in close quarters, and also wearing a dynamite covered vest under his coat at all times.

Then there is the fact that we up and stole the Dark Mistress while investigating the goings on in Shanghai. This left the GM scratching his head as he frantically searched through the book in an attempt to see if the writers had thought of this scenario. Unfortunately they hadn't so he had to make up our taking the boat on the fly. So six or so dead deep ones later, along with a fresh coat of paint, name change and more than a few bribes later the Green Pearl was ours. Also, did I mention that the boat is apparently nuclear powered and capable of doing a fair few knots.

We are also probably wanted for questioning in Great Britain, our port of call prior to Shanghai, for the carpet bombing of a member of the landed gentry's manor and property while making a hasty escape from a cult.

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor
Re: Small Snippets

Post by Keeper Jon » Thu May 22, 2014 4:14 am

You guys need a steampunk giant robot to stride across Shanghai with.

GreatmanKing
Freshman
Freshman

Post by GreatmanKing » Thu May 22, 2014 5:31 am

I doubt whether our GM will let us get that far up in the Henderson Scale.

GreatmanKing
Freshman
Freshman

Post by GreatmanKing » Thu May 22, 2014 7:42 am

As a side note, we have no idea what the glowing, green lumps in the ships boilers are in character. Except that it causes the loss of hair and extreme sickness. Nor do we know how they're powering the ship.

flashbackjuice
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by flashbackjuice » Fri May 23, 2014 12:51 am

GreatmanKing wrote:I doubt whether our GM will let us get that far up in the Henderson Scale.
Can I like this?

YAY for the Henderson Scale!