My favorite moment in a Trail of Cthulhu game

This is the place to brag about your exploits... In Mythos investigations. What were you thinking, perv?
If you have great gaming stories, you can post them here for all to see and wish they has been there too, or at least that it had been recorded.
Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor
My favorite moment in a Trail of Cthulhu game

Post by Keeper Jon » Tue May 13, 2014 9:28 pm

So I got to play a game of Trail of Cthulhu recently that was run by Michael Bowman. Wow! Freaking amazing!! Michael is a fantastic top-notch Keeper. If you get a chance to play with Michael, please do so. You'll have a great time. I also want to say that my fellow investigators, Eddie Po and Davemagnus, were great to play with too. Fantastic game all around.

So, without giving too much away about the scenario we played, we were "hired" by a woman to investigate the disappearance of her brother. As we went to the apartment that they shared, the doorman let's us know, (via casual conversation), that the woman we thought was the missing man's sister is actually a girlfriend. So we became suspicious of her motives. Why would she lie about her relationship with the missing man? Oh, and the doorman asked us to pass on a message to the woman to keep her dog quiet; more on that later.

So we go up to the apartment to check the last known place the missing man was, and we discover many clues that point toward fowl play. So, by now we feel like the woman is starting to jerk us around. So, my character is an honest-to-goodness FBI Agent, so I try to surprise the woman by getting only a little rough with her to try and scare and intimidate the truth out of her. So I catch her off guard and force her into a chair. I then stand over her with my face inches from her as my hands are holding down her wrists on the arms of the chair. And I'm barking in her face to get the truth out of her.

I thought I had gotten the upper-hand over her, but instead I ended out stepping into a pile of "trouble," we'll say.

A door down the hall bursts open, and a huge shaggy dog, (standing 4' tall at the shoulder), come barreling down the hallway to protect it's mistress. Crap!

So, what was my favorite moment in this game??? Right after the dog starts running for me, I jerk the woman back into a standing position, and I use her as a HUMAN SHIELD to help protect me from the dog!!!! Things continued to go south for me, but I won't spoil anything here. Suffice to say, we all had an amazing time playing Trail of Cthulhu with Michael Bowman as the Keeper. :fhtagn:

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator
Re: My favorite moment in a Trail of Cthulhu game

Post by trevlix » Wed May 14, 2014 1:13 pm

Sounds like an awesome game!
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Wed May 14, 2014 3:13 pm

Keeper Jon wrote:Things continued to go south for me, but I won't spoil anything here.
Hey Jon, does that mean the game was recorded? I hope I wasn't supposed to record. Because I didn't. :{
Not a hack!

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Wed May 14, 2014 7:15 pm

EddyPo wrote:
Keeper Jon wrote:Things continued to go south for me, but I won't spoil anything here.
Hey Jon, does that mean the game was recorded? I hope I wasn't supposed to record. Because I didn't. :{
No, the game was not recorded. What I didn't want to spoil were any plot points for folks who may eventually play in the same scenario. I've also avoided naming the scenario, again, in case someone plays through it in the future.

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Wed May 14, 2014 7:20 pm

Cool. I was hoping that's what you meant.
Not a hack!