shadows of yoh-sothoth

This is the place to brag about your exploits... In Mythos investigations. What were you thinking, perv?
If you have great gaming stories, you can post them here for all to see and wish they has been there too, or at least that it had been recorded.
thedoctor11
Freshman
Freshman
shadows of yoh-sothoth

Post by thedoctor11 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:06 am

We were doing the Shadows campaign, specifically The Watchers of Easter Island. We had 5 players and had just gotten to the top of the mountain. when one of the other players decided it would be a good idea to stop the ceremony that was happening by stabbing the "head priest" with a knife in the head. Come to find out, it was a man made of worms. That's when the proverbial poop hit the fan. We had the Magic Spear and the Mask. The Statues awoke and all of us thought that the statues would step on us, so four of us decided to run. that's when the Shantak arrived. the only one who stayed behind, looked at the GM with a smile and said "can i ride it?" we all stopped and the GM said roll. he passed his roll and off he went. the other four were hauling off down the mountain. the first guy passed the first roll and failed the second and fell down the cliff, to forever be cared for by the old shaman on the island. me and one other player were running and she passed every roll. i wasn't so lucky. i failed the first roll with a critical failure. he said i could do one thing as i fell. i asked if i could throw the spear (which never misses its target). he said to roll and i passed. now before i go on, just know that one of the players (the guy with the knife) has a tendency to muck things up for everyone and always tries to betray everyone. he asked what i wanted to throw it at. i said that player. they all looked shocked and started laughing. i hit him in the side and that caused him to fall off the cliff too. our Shantak rider, come to find out, met Azathoth and failed his sanity roll miserably. it was completely epic. :cthulhudance:

flashbackjuice
Sophmore
Sophmore
Re: shadows of yoh-sothoth

Post by flashbackjuice » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:46 am

Good god, I wish that session was recorded! Well played, sir!

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:49 am

That is the definition of epic, sir. Well done.

creatureslagoon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by creatureslagoon » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:09 am

And I was the GM for this campaign, lol. We were trying thr new push mechanic with 6th ed and had some bad pushes. The shantak was the steed for thr crawling one (I think was his name?) Who was a silver twilight knight of the outer void. I figured the shantak has a mount and he had ride....he just had no idea that's where the go, lol. One giy died from that tarlike stuff that makes you brain dead the crawling one has...I was really hoping an investigator was going to cut his face off to try to remove it...Instead he just became a vegetable much like the rider on his return

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Erich B.
Denton, TX

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fox01313 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:50 am

Will have to remember this for the game if I run this, just got it with the GM sale on DriveThruRPG (along with Miskatonic U sourcebook), fun stuff & just have to love the random violence thanks to the players.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)