No Man's Land Actual Play

This is the place to brag about your exploits... In Mythos investigations. What were you thinking, perv?
If you have great gaming stories, you can post them here for all to see and wish they has been there too, or at least that it had been recorded.
sirlarkins
Freshman
Freshman
No Man's Land Actual Play

Post by sirlarkins » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:52 am

Hi all!

Inspired by Keeper Murph's outing, I decided to run "No Man's Land" again. I first ran it when it came out in 1998 and had a TPK about two-thirds of the way through. This time we had a whopping seven players at the table, and I made an effort to pull out all the stops as suggested in the scenario's staging notes--sound effects, fog machine, etc.

The file is here, or you can stream it at my actual-play blog here.

Hope you enjoy!

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Re: No Man's Land Actual Play

Post by fox01313 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:45 pm

After getting through all the audio on MU Podcast on 'No Man's Land', I'm looking forward to hearing your audio on it as it seems like quite a murderous scenario. I feel that this one might be better with a larger group to be better armed though that might not be helpful so curious to hear how it's supposed to end.

I still can't decide with the multiple insanity madness from MU Podcast 'No Man's Land' is as good for great audio fun compared to 'MAPS- The Inheritor' audio with Murph the anarchist in the hospital. Both had the feel of the complete doom of the party but with MAPS & the hospital I felt that the whole group was going to kill the anarchist if the bomb wasn't going to, still laughing hours later with the chant about cats in the first part of that one.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

Howard
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by Howard » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:54 am

sirlarkins wrote: Hope you enjoy!
Cheers! :)

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fox01313 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:01 am

sirlarkins wrote:Hi all!

Inspired by Keeper Murph's outing, I decided to run "No Man's Land" again. I first ran it when it came out in 1998 and had a TPK about two-thirds of the way through. This time we had a whopping seven players at the table, and I made an effort to pull out all the stops as suggested in the scenario's staging notes--sound effects, fog machine, etc.

The file is here, or you can stream it at my actual-play blog here.

Hope you enjoy!

After listening to it there were a few spots that it seemed the clues could be laid out a little better just on those rare chances of the total party missing some crucial roll but aside from that it was a delight to hear this as the plucky troops are worn down to the point of thinking way outside the box as far as the scenario was written. Nicely run & I think that any other audio plays would be a welcome treat on the site if you do any others.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

sirlarkins
Freshman
Freshman

Post by sirlarkins » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:42 pm

fox01313 wrote:After listening to it there were a few spots that it seemed the clues could be laid out a little better just on those rare chances of the total party missing some crucial roll but aside from that it was a delight to hear this as the plucky troops are worn down to the point of thinking way outside the box as far as the scenario was written. Nicely run & I think that any other audio plays would be a welcome treat on the site if you do any others.
Thanks! I've just posted a couple others here. :cthulhu1: