Newsletter Name?

The Forum for all things concerning the newlestter.
KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
Re: Newsletter Name?

Post by KeeperMurph » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:45 am

Lol. :-P

I do like the Ythian Quill

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Wordcraftian
Senior
Senior

Post by Wordcraftian » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:03 am

Dr. Gerard wrote:Man, when Maw of Oblivion's second album "Thin Fecal Smear" came out, I bought the cassette and played it in my car until the tape snapped. Remember that tour? When the mosh pit at the Cat's Cradle got shut down for "excessive floss"? That was before they sold out and started touring with the Smitherines. Those were the days.
I can't hear it any other way now. Lol.

Thomas R. Knutsson
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Thomas R. Knutsson » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:44 am

Newspapers from Lovecraft's stories:
  • Arkham Advertiser (main newspaper)
  • Arkham Gazette (1880s)
In the morning, mist comes up from the sea by the cliffs beyond Kingsport. White and feathery it comes from the deep to its brothers the clouds, full of dreams of dank pastures and caves of leviathan.
-"The Strange High House in the Mist" by HPL

Scriven
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Scriven » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:49 am

Dr. Gerard wrote:Man, when Maw of Oblivion's second album "Thin Fecal Smear" came out, I bought the cassette and played it in my car until the tape snapped. Remember that tour? When the mosh pit at the Cat's Cradle got shut down for "excessive floss"? That was before they sold out and started touring with the Smitherines. Those were the days.
No shit, man. That was a effin' great summer. You know, I still have my Yithian Quill shirt that was signed by Roach Trapp the NIGHT BEFORE they before they found him inside that industrial clothes dryer in downtown Kalamazoo. Thing is, when they pulled him out of the machine, the coroner swore up and down that he'd been dead for at least three days. Weird, man. Weird.

Nobody beat Trapp for vocals, though. Quill never bounced back from that.
AKA Professor Max von Schiller of the Miskatonic Area Paranormal Society (MAPS)
AKA George Finch of the Secret Everest Expedition
"Let's see if someone tries to kill us and work backwards" -- Dr. Who

Thomas R. Knutsson
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Thomas R. Knutsson » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:09 am

During their Europe tour they were suspected to be the culprits behind a satanistic burning of a church in Norway. There were never any clear evidence, but their albums were pulled from the shelves and their Norweigan sales never recovered from that.
In the morning, mist comes up from the sea by the cliffs beyond Kingsport. White and feathery it comes from the deep to its brothers the clouds, full of dreams of dank pastures and caves of leviathan.
-"The Strange High House in the Mist" by HPL

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:33 am

OK this got so detailed that I actually just googled Maw of Oblivion just to make sure that there was no Norwegian Death Metal band of that name.

I am happy to announce that there isn't, but WoW players will be here soon searching for an item set of some sort.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:53 am

[quote="Thomas R. Knutsson,]
During their Europe tour they were suspected to be the culprits behind a satanistic burning of a church in Norway. There were never any clear evidence, but their albums were pulled from the shelves and their Norweigan sales never recovered from that.[/quote]

It's so sad, really, how the "media" misunderstood that whole situation. Satanistic rituals? Please. They were known for two things -- fastest triple bass drums of all time, and unfathomably sloppy fire safety standards.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:57 am

Scriven wrote:
No shit, man. That was a effin' great summer. You know, I still have my Yithian Quill shirt that was signed by Roach Trapp the NIGHT BEFORE they before they found him inside that industrial clothes dryer in downtown Kalamazoo. Thing is, when they pulled him out of the machine, the coroner swore up and down that he'd been dead for at least three days. Weird, man. Weird.

Nobody beat Trapp for vocals, though. Quill never bounced back from that.
They say that sometimes, on calm August nights in downtown K'zoo, you can still hear him drying.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree

Post by Nvision » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:34 am

Dr. Gerard wrote:They say that sometimes, on calm August nights in downtown K'zoo, you can still hear him drying.
Okay, now you need to write a scenario for "The Drying Ghost of Kalamazoo"

Scriven
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Scriven » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:02 am

The only thing I know of that's haunting Kalamazoo right now is the ghost of my academic career in Medieval literature.

I'm going to add Mr. Knutsson's "The Tentacle" to Wordcraftian's "Cephalophobia" as my own personal frontrunners for the newsletter title. Can't wait to see what other suggestions get thrown into the ring. Keep 'em coming, friends, but also be sure to consider submitting some of your work -- scenario seeds, plot hooks, house rules suggestions, Mythos tomes and beasties, etc. -- for publication in the newsletter! Check out the call for submissions in the Newsletter thread if you haven't already done so.
AKA Professor Max von Schiller of the Miskatonic Area Paranormal Society (MAPS)
AKA George Finch of the Secret Everest Expedition
"Let's see if someone tries to kill us and work backwards" -- Dr. Who