Cephalophobia 2016!

The Forum for all things concerning the newlestter.
Scriven
Sponsor
Sponsor
Cephalophobia 2016!

Post by Scriven » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:21 am

Yes, the stars are right!

We are pleased to announce the call for submissions for the next issue of Cephalophobia — the yearbook of the Miskatonic University Podcast and its community. This publication is a collaborative, non-commercial effort intended to (1) celebrate the podcast and its content and (2) showcase the enormous concentration of talent represented by the MUP listenership.

What We’re Looking For

We’re soliciting original and unpublished content either inspired by MUP episodes, discussions on the MUP forums, or anything else related to Mythos gaming in general. More specifically, we’re interested in:
  1. Feature Articles or Essays that expand on topics introduced in MUP episodes (@1,500 to 2,500 words max)
    Short Scenarios (@3,000-5,000 words max -- CoC 6th or 7th edition, Trail of Cthulhu, Cthulhu Dark, etc. are welcome)
    Scenario Seeds or Plot Hooks (@750 words max)
    Original Artifacts, Mythos Tomes and Spells (@750 words max)
    Compelling NPCs (@750-1000 words max)
    New Creatures (@750-1000 words max)
    Mysterious Locales (@750-1000 words max)
    Ideas for House Rules (@750-1000 words max)
    MUP Departmental Lectures (i.e. essays in History, Anthropology, Folklore, Biology, etc.) (@1,500 to 2,000 words max)
    Short Fiction (@1,500 words max)
    Original Artwork (high resolution color or monochromatic scans)
(Note: Word counts indicated above are ballpark suggestions -- we're flexible, but keep in mind that we generally can't accommodate anyone's multi-volume magnum opus.)

Terms of Submission
By submitting material to Cephalophobia:
  • You confirm that the content is original, has not been previously published or otherwise does not conflict with any known copyright laws. You also confirm that said content is not under consideration for publication elsewhere at the time of submission.
    You acknowledge that you submit your content without expectation of any type of compensation. We wish it could be otherwise, but we’re doing this as a labor of love.
    You acknowledge that your material will be presented in the context of a free publication governed by a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license.
    You acknowledge that the publisher of Cephalophobia may correct grammar or syntax, or otherwise perform necessary copy edits. We won’t substantially alter the content of your submission without your consent.
    You acknowledge the publisher’s right to decline any submission without explanation — although we’ll do our best to explain why we may feel obliged to turn something away if it comes to that.
How to Submit
  • Format any text-based submissions as ODT, DOC, TXT, RTF, DOCX.
    Do NOT use decorative type for headlines or body copy. We prefer Times, Times New Roman, Garamond, Arial, Helvetica, Myriad or Verdana.
    Attach your submission to an email addressed to Prof.Scriven@gmail.com
    In your email’s subject line, indicate the title and word count of the piece, if applicable.
    If you are submitting original artwork, be sure that your image is either a high resolution pixel or vector image.
    Indicate clearly how you’d like your name to appear in the byline.
    We will do our best to notify you immediately to confirm receipt of your submission.
    All content must be submitted by Noon, December 22, 2015 in order to be considered for inclusion in the next issue of Cephalophobia.
Questions? Contact Scriven at Prof.Scriven@gmail.com.
AKA Professor Max von Schiller of the Miskatonic Area Paranormal Society (MAPS)
AKA George Finch of the Secret Everest Expedition
"Let's see if someone tries to kill us and work backwards" -- Dr. Who

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: Cephalophobia 2016!

Post by EddyPo » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:22 pm

This is fantastic news! I'm going to submit for sure!
Not a hack!

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:37 pm

So glad to see the ball is rolling on this, and a huge thank you to Mahaffa for chipping in!
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Mahaffa
Junior
Junior

Post by Mahaffa » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:40 am

It will be my pleasure Doctor!

EddyPo - I will hold you to that and look forward to your submission!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bootlegger
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Bootlegger » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:03 pm

Excited about this!

Mahaffa
Junior
Junior

Post by Mahaffa » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:36 pm

Bootlegger! Where in LA are you? How serendipitous - I am in Santa Ana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bootlegger
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Bootlegger » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:09 am

Mahaffa - I'm up in Sherman Oaks.

Scriven
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Scriven » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:26 am

We're eager to see what our colleagues in the MUP community come up with for the next Cephalophobia. Remember that the show itself is an enormously rich source of material, leads, themes etc. that can well be elaborated upon. We'll put together a list of some of the shows that seemed to generate a good number of ideas and "what ifs." Offhand, I'm thinking that episodes #79("They Did the Monster Mash), #74 ("Uncommonly Commonplace") and #71 ("The Worm Has Turned") could prove to be some fertile ground for an enterprising contributor...
AKA Professor Max von Schiller of the Miskatonic Area Paranormal Society (MAPS)
AKA George Finch of the Secret Everest Expedition
"Let's see if someone tries to kill us and work backwards" -- Dr. Who

Koakai
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Koakai » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:46 pm

Oh ideas, ideas.
What should I work on to submit? Hard to make a choice, really. BC is full of wonderfully weird stuff, and things I can mine for scenario seeds.
God only knows I'll wuss out and not do the work for submitting any of them, but my mind is abuzz with possibilities.
PH.D candidate -M.U. Western Annex

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:02 pm

Koakai, as you know I am a great fan of your BC dispatches. I'd so love to see some scenario seeds from your dark corner of the Earth. Feel free to shoot me ideers if you need a sounding board, or let me know if there is any other way I can help.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers