Mi-Go Money

A place for mythos artists to congregate and share ideas.
Wordcraftian
Senior
Senior
Mi-Go Money

Post by Wordcraftian » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:09 am

Mi-Go find their way to Earth and recognize rather quickly that we are easily manipulated by this seemingly useless substance called gold. They see clearly it is most effective as a small disc with designs on it. What would a coin crafted by the Mi-Go strictly for the purposes of human bribery look like?

I'm an amateur sculptor and am interested in making a prop. Thank you for your help!

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor
Re: Mi-Go Money

Post by Keeper Jon » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:45 am

Wordcraftian wrote:Mi-Go find their way to Earth and recognize rather quickly that we are easily manipulated by this seemingly useless substance called gold. They see clearly it is most effective as a small disc with designs on it. What would a coin crafted by the Mi-Go strictly for the purposes of human bribery look like?

I'm an amateur sculptor and am interested in making a prop. Thank you for your help!
I think hidden within the body of the coin would be alien technology that could transmit data back to the Mi-Go. That said, I think the coin would be trimmed at the edges with little barbs that give a subtle poke and prick to the person holding the coin. The coin then collects DNA data about the holder. That data can then be used to track the holder, (even if they no longer have the coin on them), and be used to create a method to mind control that individual person.

I think the coin would have a slightly skewed version of a human's face on it. I'm thinking Picasso cubist style. Cause to their skewed senses, that image would be as close as they could come to illustrating a human animal's face.

Wordcraftian
Senior
Senior
Re: Mi-Go Money

Post by Wordcraftian » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:42 am

That is brilliant! Thanks for your input. I considered depicting alien technology on the face of the coin, but having the coin serve a dubious purpose by actually utilizing Mi-Go tech is simply inspired.