The reign of George VI. 1900-1925 (1763)

Topics for the Lecture and Slice of Life series.
Discussion about historical events, people, items, etc. that can add to the flavor to any historical game setting.
Discussion and sharing of links and resources.
Graham
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
The reign of George VI. 1900-1925 (1763)

Post by Graham » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:11 am

This rather odd (to 21st Century eyes) novel can best be described as a mixture of "Rule Britannia" and "Enlightment gone mad"

The plot summary, taken from a post I made about this on the YDSC forum is as follows.

Under the rulership of George VI the UK defeats France (Charles X), Russia (Tsar Peter IV) & Spain (Charles V) and makes the world a better place. (BTW they also save Frederick IX (descendant of Frederick the Great) of the HRE from losing his (Viennese) throne along the way).

In this world there was neither an American, French or Industrial revolution, three deckers still ply the oceans & the East India Company rules India & the former property of the Dutch East India Company.

Could be used as an alternate dimension, reached by a portal from somewhere in 1927, there may even be an alternate H.P.L findable in this universes version of Arkham, living a peaceful life under the Duke of Massachusetts...

I recently discovered that someone on the deviantart website created a world map based on the novel, the possibilies for an alternate history, or even world crossing campaign are just too good to pass up. Links to the novel and map are below.

1. Internet Archive: The reign of George VI. 1900-1925 (1763)

2. DeviantArt: The reign of George VI. 1900-1925 (Map by QuantumBranching)
"If you do good, you'll live forever, if you do bad, you'll die hearing a single note for I am the one true sound...", Fragment found in a cult hideout.

Graham
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Re: The reign of George VI. 1900-1925 (1763)

Post by Graham » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:59 pm

A small addition, I'm currently working on some ideas I'll add to this thread. But first a quote as the American Colony's battallions go to their ships to help put down the French revolt...
All smoothly went on in the front of our line, but the rear, O ye Gods! who on earth could define?

Not a single pot-alehouse escaped an assault, and they drained to the dregs, every barrel of malt.

Supported between two battalion men, here, hissing hot from the bung, reeled a tall grenadier.

Two damsels attending, his armour to bear, as drunk as the staggering hero, were there...
http://books.google.com.au/books?id=A_F ... &q&f=false
"If you do good, you'll live forever, if you do bad, you'll die hearing a single note for I am the one true sound...", Fragment found in a cult hideout.

Graham
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Re: The reign of George VI. 1900-1925 (1763)

Post by Graham » Fri May 27, 2016 3:28 pm

And before the 3rd battalion of the 15th Massachusetts Regiment of Foot joins their ship:
Our Governor, God bless him! Beloved and revered,benevolency smiling, amongst us appeard.
Around him those patterns of excellence shone, those jewels that luster reflect on his throne.
A grenadier drunk from the center rank reeled, and hiccuping up to his excellance wheeled.
"Never mind all these rebels, sir, but be quiet, we'll quell them, as quick as we'd quell you a riot."
The Govenor was delighted, and laughed out aloud; And the fellow received three huzzas from the crowd.