Milwaukee Paranormal Conference 2015

Conventions, gatherings, ceremonies and other in-person meetings.
caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor
Milwaukee Paranormal Conference 2015

Post by caddy1071 » Fri May 08, 2015 3:13 am

Hi all! Hey all your Blurry Photos Podcast fans! As you may know and others who may be interested, the Milwaukee Paranormal Conference 2015 is coming up on June 6th at the Irish Cultural & Heritage Center in Milwaukee, WI! It's a free conference, just need to get tickets on Everbrite, with speakers, a vendor floor, and after conference activity options: Wisconsin Avenue Bus Tour ("haunted main street"), Third Ward Ghost Walk, Paranormal Investigators of Milwaukee: Investigation at the Historic Chudnow Museum of Yesteryear and the Official After Party: Shaker’s Cigar Bar. More info at:

http://milwaukeeparacon.com

The Blurry Photos boys will be hanging out and spreading the good word in the the vendor hall, and I'm not a believer, but I'm definitely predicting the talks and opportunities for stories (especially for the RPG minded ;) ) will be interesting to say the least. I have a few folks making the trip up, and if there are any others interested in the area, I think it would be a fun MUP outing for midwest listeners.

Check out Blurry Photos at http://www.blurryphotos.org - it's a great podcast from some Chicagoland folks. They have some incredibly interesting subjects, are very entertaining and a real enjoyable listen. Thanks Keeper Dan for the suggestion from a long ago podcast. :)

Any takers? Hope to see you there! :)

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: Milwaukee Paranormal Conference 2015

Post by EddyPo » Sat May 09, 2015 12:02 am

Sounds great! Thanks for sharing this. As I live in Milwaukee, it'd be a shame if I didn't go to this. I'll try to make it!
Not a hack!

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Sat May 09, 2015 6:23 am

EddyPo wrote:Sounds great! Thanks for sharing this. As I live in Milwaukee, it'd be a shame if I didn't go to this. I'll try to make it!
Woot! Hope to see ya there, Ed! :)

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:06 pm

Hi! Just a reminder if anybody can make it! :p I'll be there with beers on! ;)

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:04 pm

Wish I could. Sounds great, and glad to see the Blurry Photos guys would be there to counterweight. Could we get a report after?
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:58 am

Dr. Gerard wrote:Wish I could. Sounds great, and glad to see the Blurry Photos guys would be there to counterweight. Could we get a report after?
Hi, sure! Yeah a good friend of mine and I attended - it was a TON of fun. Held in the Irish Cultural Center which is an old 1870's church in Milwaukee. Ambiance was phenomenal in the vestibule - all intricately carved dark wood throughout, cavernous main pews, three lofts of pews (probably vintage), stained glass and, in addition a full monstrous wall of organ pipes which dwarfed the entire stage. This was the setting for ghosts, EVP and aliens - it was pretty awesome.

You can see some of the pictures on my Google+ page:

https://plus.google.com/100918431411977 ... osts/p/pub

We had an absolute blast - I am not a believer, personally, but it was pretty great to listen to the brew of hope, conviction and craziness. :p I just sat back and listened to the fun. It ran the gambit of ghosts, aliens and cryptids - government conspiracies of alien cover ups chocked full of the lore you'd suspect of Delta Green and X-Files, all displayed before you at the Con. It was FUN to get caught up in the event. The dealer floor was small but packed - mostly books, investigators and tours, a psychic, and the Blurry Photos crew. :) You could have a few drinks while watching the talks and the mix of people there was very interesting. There were maybe 200-300 people there - bar was well stocked, the "cafe" looked pretty horrible (didn't have coffee - c'mon), but there was a Taco Bell across the street which made my inner geek very happy. Was it primarily an outlet for paranormal book sales? Yes. Were some of the presenters there a bit "snake oily" in their comments and actions? ("It's open minded people like you that are going to find the truth... Our next book comes out at the end of the month...." ;) ) Yeah... But for the most part, it was a variety of weird stuff and nice people all getting together to take in the spectacle.

It must have been pretty successful for them - they announced next year will be two days. Would I attend again? Very likely if it's on a weekend and there are compelling talks. Honestly the talks I heard were a lot better than I thought they would be. So, we'll see where it goes next year, but it looked to be a great success and I'd suspect more goodness next year. If you have any specific questions, let me know, I'd be happy to add detail.

Oh, and Dave and David were just as charming and nice as you would expect them to be. :p It was way cool to meet them, and I regret not getting a picture with them, but I think the cramped hall may have nixed that anyway. :p Got me' Blurry Photos t-shirt, and sounds like a Chicago live show is close to being announced, so many more cool things coming from the Blurry Photos boys in the future. :)

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:06 pm

Cooool! Thanks for that report. I love weird events. I have a soft spot for beleivers, though I hate seeing people getting taken advantage of. Kind of conflicted, yet completely drawn to the crazy. Maybe some day I'll put this on my summer con list.
Plays for Keepers

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:14 pm

I couldn't get to this conference so I'm excited to hear that it will happen again next year. I think the highlight for me would have been meeting the Blurry Photo guys. Hopefully they come again next year. If you ever plan on coming to this Dr G, let me know. You are welcome to stay at my house. As long as you don't mind two demon-possessed cats...
Not a hack!

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:18 pm

A great offer, thanks! Hmmm....that would be quite the road trip....
Plays for Keepers