Necronomi-Con 2015

Conventions, gatherings, ceremonies and other in-person meetings.
Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree
Re: Necronomi-Con 2015

Post by Nvision » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:45 pm

The convention is off to a great start; missed early registration, but ran into Murph, Max, Nigel, Tristan, Randal, and Badger (and later Magnus), watched an awesome one-man show of "From Beyond" (by the talented David Neilsen), then a live performance of "The Shadow Over Innsmouth" by the HPLHS. I got my registration done this morning and had a chat with the esteemed Mike Mason, whom was two in the queue behind me (the moustache is unmistakable). Doing some Providence rambling before the show taping today. Amazing convention so far!
Last edited by Nvision on Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:29 am

Working on it. I was a bad photog during this weekend, so hoping others will be able to post.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Sidereal Wisdom
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Sidereal Wisdom » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:43 pm

Anyone want to help with...

Research Project – Part II: NecronomiCon 2015 Retrospective

With NecronomiCon 2015 now complete, I’m continuing my project about the convention and all things Lovecraftian. If you attended the convention and would like to help, please consider completing a short survey (about 15 minutes) and tell me about your experience. You can access the survey here:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9TP7K3T

You may participate in this second survey even if you did not participate in the first survey. You must be 18 years or older and affirm that you attended NecronomiCon 2015 in Providence. The survey includes questions about what you like about Lovecraft or Lovecraftian things in general, why you went to the convention, what you thought of it, and similar questions. More information is available on the first page of the survey.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

-Jeff

ps – to those who completed the first survey and entered the drawing, you will be contacted soon if your name was randomly selected for a gift card.

Jeffrey S. Debies-Carl, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Sociology
University of New Haven
300 Boston Post Road
308 Harugari Hall
Jdebies-carl@newhaven.edu

Mindless-Focus
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Mindless-Focus » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:18 am

I'll post more over the weekend. This is probably the best pic I took all weekend.

NOT Steve ;)

Sidereal Wisdom
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Sidereal Wisdom » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:20 pm

Hi All,

If you attended NecronomiCon 2015 and would like to share your thoughts on the experience, the survey is still open for a little while longer and you will have a chance to win one of five $25 amazon gift cards. You can access the survey here:

You may participate in this second survey even if you did not participate in the first survey. You must be 18 years or older and affirm that you attended NecronomiCon 2015 in Providence. The survey takes about 15 minutes and includes questions about what you like about Lovecraft or Lovecraftian things in general, why you went to the convention, what you thought of it, and similar questions. More information is available on the first page of the survey.

-Jeff

PS – Gift cards from the first survey have been sent. Thanks again to all who participated and, remember, you can enter the gift card drawing in the second survey regardless of whether you participated in the first!

Assistant Professor
Department of Sociology
University of New Haven
300 Boston Post Road
308 Harugari Hall
jdebies-carl@newhaven.edu

Sidereal Wisdom
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Sidereal Wisdom » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:49 pm

Last chance!

It’s hard to believe that NecronomiCon is already a month behind us and, with it, memory starts to fade. It is for that reason that I’d like to offer this last reminder regarding the ‘NecronomiCon 2015 Retrospective’ survey. The survey will be permanently closed in just over a week (on Sunday, October 4th). The link is below. Please tell me about your experiences before it’s too late!

Survey Link:

Participants will have a chance to win one of five $25 amazon gift cards. You may participate in this second survey even if you did not participate in the first survey. You must be 18 years or older and affirm that you attended NecronomiCon 2015 in Providence. The survey takes about 15 minutes and includes questions about what you like about Lovecraft or Lovecraftian things in general, why you went to the convention, what you thought of it, and similar questions. More information is available on the first page of the survey.

-Jeff

Assistant Professor
Department of Sociology
University of New Haven
300 Boston Post Road
308 Harugari Hall
West Haven, CT 06516

phone: 1-203-479-4983
jdebies-carl@newhaven.edu

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:51 am

Mindless-Focus wrote:I'll post more over the weekend. This is probably the best pic I took all weekend.

Sweet! Loving the Warpo Star Spawn! Nice one, whoever donated! :p

"Not Steve" - HA - yeah, I started out as "Cody" as well at Gencon 2014 - It all shakes out. ;)
Last edited by caddy1071 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Geekery Unbound

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:54 am

AND I have been meaning to get on in a month and a half and failed entirely. Do we want to dump pictures here? Better place to group post?

I really selfishly took in the Con and didn't take many pics with other people - regrettable... However, I did get some great pics of the sights. :)

Let me know if there is interest and I will post where it makes sense.

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound