Necronomi-Con 2015

Conventions, gatherings, ceremonies and other in-person meetings.
caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: Necronomi-Con 2015

Post by caddy1071 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:05 pm

Gladius wrote:I'm guessing it will appear on this page. At 5pm EST the Eldritch Ball appeared on this page:
http://www.eventbrite.com/o/lovecraft-a ... s=32595131
Hmmm- confusing... So possibly just look for events for "Lovecraft Arts & Sciences Council" - guess I'll keep them both in the browser tabs to check at 9 PM EDT.

I guess with me, you'd think it would be under the Necronomicon Event, just additional tickets? Only way to tell you are signed up for Necronomicon, I suspect. But, this is a pretty strange registration process in general, so who knows? :P

Thanks for the link, Gladius!

Thanks!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:46 am

Hi! Okay, Gladius, you were correct sir. :p They have the gaming by day, then you buy individual tickets in each day. The link to get to the page (not checking if its the same you wrote because of time ;) ) is:

http://www.eventbrite.com/o/lovecraft-a ... 3214718604

That links to the individual days, and I assume our passes give us free access to each? Ah well - guess well see. :p

Anyway, good luck, all!

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

Mindless-Focus
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Mindless-Focus » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:22 am

Question for anyone going. I'm staying at the Biltmore Providence hotel. Are there usually walking tours to HPL's grave and other areas? Are there any good seafood restaurants nearby? Would love to take the wife to a lobster dinner. This will also be her birthday weekend and she has zero interest in Lovecraft or anything. Also, this will be our first con. I think I'm about to be overloaded.
NOT Steve ;)

Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree

Post by Nvision » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:26 am

Bah! Got home a few minutes late and missed out on a couple of games I wanted to register for, but did manage to get in on Oscar's Sunday game, and I've got some Mansions of Madness and Feed the Shoggoth to play on Friday :) What's everyone else playing so far?

Regarding pickup games, I was planning to submit a game for the events but I got stupidly busy and missed the deadline. If any of you are interested I'd certainly be willing to run it on the fly. It's a Cthulhu Dark scenario titled "Numbers," centered around a young family's first Christmas in their new home. It's set in 1986, so no cell phones, internet, or the like, which gives a nice sense of isolation without getting too anachronistic for the players. I've run it with anywhere between two and five players with good success, and it's got audio!

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:42 am

Hi! phew - that was "ok".

For those yet to buy - buying process wasn't too bad, HOWEVER, there is no way I know of to refer back to the actual times of your ticket - the tickets have the date of the event, not the date and hour. :( (Eventbrite isn't designed for this. :p) So, hopefully I didn't make any mistakes picking my times. :p

Here's my events if anybody is interested in playing with me and my pal Steve. :) We're just doing afternoon/evening events so we can see the MUP and HPL Literary Podcast. :) We're hoping the Nate Brown event is Journey of the Aegis - it was listed as "Novus Roma" on Eventbrite, but we're taking the chance it's what he listed for Friday on the necronomicon-providence.com site. :p Cephalpods in Space, Invictus - sounds win-win to me... ;)

Phredd Groves: Cthulhu Invictus "Kith & Kine" (Table: Hibbs Roadhouse)
(Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm)The investigators travel into the wilds of Britannia in an attempt to settle a tribal dispute. However, blasphemous accusations, sinister cults, voices whispering from the darkness and deformed abominations complicate the matter. This scenario appears in the most recent Golden Goblin Press publication, De Horrore Cosmico. 2 Tickets Aug 21, 2015 Free

5:00pm- 9:00pm NATE BROWN: Cthulhu in Space: JOURNEY OF THE AEGIS (Table Top RPG *New)
4 Tickets Aug 22, 2015 Free $0.00

Chad Bowser: Cthulhu Dark Ages 2nd Edition "The Dremota" (Velma's Diner)
(Saturday 2:00pm-6:00pm) A strange sleeping sickness has struck the small trading village of Vasyl’kiv. Residents are falling asleep and never waking up. Can the investigators get to the bottom of this mysterious illness before they too fall prey? 2 Tickets Aug 23, 2015 Free $0.00

Looking forward to seeing you guys at NCon2015! :)

:fhtagn: :cthulhudance: :fhtagn:

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:49 am

Nvision wrote:Bah! Got home a few minutes late and missed out on a couple of games I wanted to register for, but did manage to get in on Oscar's Sunday game, and I've got some Mansions of Madness and Feed the Shoggoth to play on Friday :) What's everyone else playing so far?

Regarding pickup games, I was planning to submit a game for the events but I got stupidly busy and missed the deadline. If any of you are interested I'd certainly be willing to run it on the fly. It's a Cthulhu Dark scenario titled "Numbers," centered around a young family's first Christmas in their new home. It's set in 1986, so no cell phones, internet, or the like, which gives a nice sense of isolation without getting too anachronistic for the players. I've run it with anywhere between two and five players with good success, and it's got audio!
Heya Nvision! Hellz yeah! :p Guess I'm booked for some gaming, but if you're running at some point I'd LOVE to play Cthulhu Dark... (And by buddy Steve, too! ;) ) Let me know what you are planning - if it fits and you have room, I'd love to give it a go. :)

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:01 am

Hi! Ugh - "Welcome to the City"/Novus Roma is a miniatures game - not really my cup of tea. :p New schedule for those interested:

Phredd Groves: Cthulhu Invictus "Kith & Kine" (Table: Hibbs Roadhouse)
(Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm)The investigators travel into the wilds of Britannia in an attempt to settle a tribal dispute. However, blasphemous accusations, sinister cults, voices whispering from the darkness and deformed abominations complicate the matter. This scenario appears in the most recent Golden Goblin Press publication, De Horrore Cosmico. 2 Tickets Aug 21, 2015 Free

Scott Legault: Call of Cthulhu "Bon Voyage" 18+ (Room: Historical Society [Salon 4])
(Friday 7:00pm-11:00pm) **18+** 6th Edition. You begin your journey on the Tramp Steamer “Bellerophon” out of Boston heading for Puerto Rico and points beyond. It is 1931. Your journey will end in the realms of madness. 1 Ticket Aug 22, 2015 Free $0.00 Ticket Quantity Select

Chad Bowser: Cthulhu Dark Ages 2nd Edition "The Dremota" (Velma's Diner)
(Saturday 2:00pm-6:00pm) A strange sleeping sickness has struck the small trading village of Vasyl’kiv. Residents are falling asleep and never waking up. Can the investigators get to the bottom of this mysterious illness before they too fall prey? 2 Tickets Aug 23, 2015 Free $0.00

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:03 am

Mindless-Focus wrote:Question for anyone going. I'm staying at the Biltmore Providence hotel. Are there usually walking tours to HPL's grave and other areas? Are there any good seafood restaurants nearby? Would love to take the wife to a lobster dinner. This will also be her birthday weekend and she has zero interest in Lovecraft or anything. Also, this will be our first con. I think I'm about to be overloaded.
Heya MF! Yeah, I'm going to be digging in myself - mebbe we can create a thread for cool places to go and see in Providence. I'll share what I find. :)

Gotta run - I'll share what I find when I can. :)

Thanks!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:32 pm

The Biltmore and the Omni (the two 'con hotels) are within a few blocks of each other. The N'con website says they will be doing walking/bus tours. Swan Point cemetery is NOT within walking distance of downtown (ask my how I know) but I would expect one of the bus tours might go there.

I am a happy fellow - I got into Sandy Petersen's CoC game, Oscar Rios's Invictus game, and Mike Mason's CoC game. Super excited to meet these guys and play in their games. I also bought tickets for my wife and I for the Eldritch Ball on Friday night, but we're not locked into going to that yet if there are other things more exciting.

I'm also meeting up with the SkypeofCthulhu guys that I've been playing with, and hopefully Chad and Murph and the rest of you all as well at some point, amongst the dozens of other things I want to do and see!

Mindless-Focus
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Mindless-Focus » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:02 pm

I didn't sign up for any games, however, I would love to meet the MUP and Skype crews. Meeting Sandy is a goal too.
NOT Steve ;)