Necronomi-Con 2015

Conventions, gatherings, ceremonies and other in-person meetings.
Mindless-Focus
Freshman
Freshman
Re: Necronomi-Con 2015

Post by Mindless-Focus » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:52 pm

Well damn. My flight comes in at 1 on Friday. Oh well.
NOT Steve ;)

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:56 pm

Sorry about that. But please do track us down and say hi. I want to connect with folks from the forum if possible. We should launch a Twitter account for the convention again. And use it better this time.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Just announce a hashtag - that way anyone can use it to communicate during the con. You just need to follow/search on that hashtag.
#NecroMUP2015 ?

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:27 pm

Gladius wrote:Just announce a hashtag - that way anyone can use it to communicate during the con. You just need to follow/search on that hashtag.
#NecroMUP2015 ?
Excellent idea. It's a longish tag, but it is well differentiated. I say we lock it in now.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:16 pm

Necronomicon's FB page just announced they are changing the opening time of the prereg for gaming to 9PM EST this Weds (7.22) instead of 5PM EST.

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:33 pm

Hi all! MAN, been away for too long - back to the MUP forums at last! :P DEFINITELY looking forward to Necronomicon 2015 and we're planning on being at the MUP event! :p Be good to see you all there! :)

Question: Maybe Gladius might no since it looks like he's up on this scthuff - what the b-hesus is up with registering for games through Eventbrite? Anybody know? I gotta say, I know it's a small Con probably getting slammed this year, but having no direction whatsoever is extremely disappointing. Does anybody have any clue how scheduling is going to work and help clueless Eventbrite guy try and pick up a game? :p

Thanks, all!

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:09 pm

Another question for veterans - is there a lot of pickup gaming? With the MUP show and HPL Literary Podcast being at noon on Friday and Saturday, looks like I'm not going to be running of the game schedule. :p

Any thoughts? Anybody interested in pickup gaming?

Thanks!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:41 pm

What I know:
The website and originally their facebook page said registration would occur on the Eventbrite site today (Weds) at 5PM EST.
Then their Facebook page had a post saying it was changed to 9PM EST (however, the website was not updated with this info).

I do not have a link to the Eventbrite site. I do not know how this is going to work. If it's anything like GenCon, prepare to be disappointed.

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:09 pm

Hi! Thanks for the response, Gladius. Yeah, this is what I can tell: your Necronomicon purchase automagically got you an account on Eventbrite (my friend Steve who's coming with me had an account and his NCon 2015 ticket in it). I'm not sure if that is entirely accurate - I know Steve and I both used Eventbrite for something else a while back - maybe he forgot about it. Anyway, everybody that is getting ready to get into the gaming, hit eventbrite.com and put in the e-mail you used for your ticket purchase through the Necronomicon site (I don't recall every going to Eventbrite, but my NCon purchase is there, too :p ) and request a password change and log in. I bet you have an Eventbrite account with your NCon ticket. (And please post here for anybody else in confusion to confirm. :P )

From what I can gather, they will put in more tickets at 8 PM for the individual games and you sign up through the Eventbrite site. I don't know the volume of gamers, but we'll see how robustly this works. :p It doesn't sound too terribly thought out, so I'm prepared for the worst.

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed with the organization of the gaming - they should minimally explain how ticketing is going to work, but oh well. :p Growing pains... I'm a veteran of Gencon and Gary Con. ;)

Good luck, all!

WHICH is why I'm inquiring about open gaming. :p Not sure about attendance numbers, but might not be enough scheduled games to go around. :p I'm up for prepping something if need be if folks are interested. I'm a budding Keeper, but definitely looking forward to gaming. :p

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:16 pm

I'm guessing it will appear on this page. At 5pm EST the Eldritch Ball appeared on this page:
http://www.eventbrite.com/o/lovecraft-a ... s=32595131