Necronomi-Con 2015

Conventions, gatherings, ceremonies and other in-person meetings.
WinstonP
Sophmore
Sophmore
Re: Necronomi-Con 2015

Post by WinstonP » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:11 pm

Gladius wrote:The Biltmore and the Omni (the two 'con hotels) are within a few blocks of each other. The N'con website says they will be doing walking/bus tours. Swan Point cemetery is NOT within walking distance of downtown (ask my how I know) but I would expect one of the bus tours might go there.
If you're interested in graveyards beyond just seeing where HPL is buried (and he's not quite under that stone in Swan Point, but a few feet away I believe), St. John's is the shortest walk from the Biltmore or Omni and the North Burial Ground is a bit further and much larger, but not exclusively very old stones.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:03 pm

But WinstonP, how am I supposed to know what interesting sites there might be at those nearby cemeteries? Should I walk around aimlessly? If only there was some kind of guide to interesting places to visit there.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:46 pm

Dr. Gerard wrote:But WinstonP, how am I supposed to know what interesting sites there might be at those nearby cemeteries? Should I walk around aimlessly? If only there was some kind of guide to interesting places to visit there.

HA! +1 ;)
Geekery Unbound

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:20 pm

I have this chapbook about cemeteries in New England. But I've no clue who wrote it, or where to find it.

LoL
:)

Keeper Murph

Magnus Nordlander
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Magnus Nordlander » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:11 am

Gladius wrote:The Biltmore and the Omni (the two 'con hotels) are within a few blocks of each other. The N'con website says they will be doing walking/bus tours. Swan Point cemetery is NOT within walking distance of downtown (ask my how I know) but I would expect one of the bus tours might go there.

I am a happy fellow - I got into Sandy Petersen's CoC game, Oscar Rios's Invictus game, and Mike Mason's CoC game. Super excited to meet these guys and play in their games. I also bought tickets for my wife and I for the Eldritch Ball on Friday night, but we're not locked into going to that yet if there are other things more exciting.

I'm also meeting up with the SkypeofCthulhu guys that I've been playing with, and hopefully Chad and Murph and the rest of you all as well at some point, amongst the dozens of other things I want to do and see!
Hey, cool, we're in the same games! :)

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:54 pm

Cory, could you pm or email your phone # for keeping in touch at con?

Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree

Post by Nvision » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:59 pm

Anyone else playing in Oscar's Sunday game? I'm incredibly excited for this one, as my mother is from Jamaica, just at the foot of the Blue Mountains. Depending on pregens, I is gwan sidung an' break out somma dat patois, seen? Irie...

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:00 pm

Dr. Gerard wrote:Cory, could you pm or email your phone # for keeping in touch at con?

Heya! Not a problem, sir! Will send it directly. :p

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor
Open gaming Saturday afternoon?

Post by caddy1071 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:08 pm

Hey all! Unfortunately Chad Bowser has had bad medical turn (feel better, Chad!) and our Saturday Dark Ages game has been cancelled. Anybody interested in an open game Saturday afternoon before the get together? I could probably get something together, but I am a "junior" for CoC veterans, so understand somebody else may be a better fit. :p Let me know if anybody is interested - my friend Steve and I are very interested in some stories of madness and mayhem. :p

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree

Post by Nvision » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:44 pm

There's a College Hill walking tour starting at noon on Saturday, if you're interested. I'd also be down for playing in or running a game at that time...