Gamehole Con - Review

Conventions, gatherings, ceremonies and other in-person meetings.
caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor
Gamehole Con - Review

Post by caddy1071 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:15 pm

Hi! Hey, I went to Gamehole Con in Madison, WI, and entirely FAILED in announcing it here. :( It's the first week of November every year, and EXTREMELY convenient to get to from Chicago, Milwaukee or Rockford. It's another smaller con with a lot of fans, they are going to move to a bigger venue next year. A lot of the D&D era greats were there (headliner was Ed Greenwood of Forgotten Realms fame, also saw Frank Mentzer, Jim Ward, Merle Rasmussen (Top Secret originator), Stephen Chenault (Castles & Crusades), Luke Gygax and got to play with Ernie Gygax in the Hobby Shop Dungeon), and a lot of genres to be had... It's a full service convention with all the usual suspects (RPGs, boardgames, miniatures and CCG), and mostly likely a yearly thing for me. Dead Games Society goodness attends this one as well, so some great CoC/other horror gaming in attendance, and I got to run my Blackwater Creek version again and we had a great time. :)

Anyway, definitely an A++ for those looking for social gaming, and you can actually find people you've met after you've played a game with them. :) I'd definitely put it on your radars if it sounds like you're kind of party. :)

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

toddwo
Sophmore
Sophmore
Re: Gamehole Con - Review

Post by toddwo » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:37 pm

Gamehole Con is my second favorite regional gaming con, after Gary Con. I can't say enough good things about this show. In addition to all the great names Cory mentions, Bill Cavalier, The Dungeon Bastard, was also there this year. Anyone who can make the drive to Madison next year should strongly, strongly consider it. My only regret is that I was unable to actually play any CoC at Gamehole this year!
That’s what you young chaps have got to remember – when you run, run, full speed, with never a thought for anything else; don’t look or listen or dither even for an instant; let terror have his way, for he’s the best friend you’ve got- Harry Flashman