GenCon 2014

Conventions, gatherings, ceremonies and other in-person meetings.
MikeM
Sophmore
Sophmore
GenCon 2014

Post by MikeM » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:21 pm

Hi

The Chaosium Call of Cthulhu seminar is now scheduled for 4pm on the Friday in the Crowne Plaza, room "Grand Central A/B". Come along and say hi! Also pop by the Chaosium booth and say hi too!

What are everyone's plans for GenCon this year? Anyone fancy a meet-up post the Chaosium seminar?

Mike
Mike D Mason
Call of Cthulhu Line Editor, Chaosium Inc.

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor
Re: GenCon 2014

Post by Keeper Jon » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:23 am

MikeM wrote: What are everyone's plans for GenCon this year? Anyone fancy a meet-up post the Chaosium seminar?
Mike
I fancy a meet-up! This will be my first Gen Con trip, but I am already scheduled to run games all day on Friday and Saturday, so I will miss the Chaosium seminar. I want to elbow-rubbing time with MikeM if at all possible. Let's have a pint.

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:17 pm

Keeper Jon wrote:
MikeM wrote: What are everyone's plans for GenCon this year? Anyone fancy a meet-up post the Chaosium seminar?
Mike
I fancy a meet-up! This will be my first Gen Con trip, but I am already scheduled to run games all day on Friday and Saturday, so I will miss the Chaosium seminar. I want to elbow-rubbing time with MikeM if at all possible. Let's have a pint.
I would totally be up for a meet up and some brews with everybody - looking forward to hearing more. :)

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:17 am

Hi all! Well, my Blackwater Creek (by the esteemed madman Scott Dorward) run was a complete success at Nexus Game Fair, so I'm going to take a shot at GenCon! I've grabbed an 11 AM slot on Thursday, thinking any folks that are attending the MUP Alumni Chowfest could hangout for a little socializing and head over after the game. (4 hour slot)

I've run the gangster version twice already, so I think I'm going to switch it up and run it with the standard investigator angle this time around. I'm also going to try to run it online as a prep before the Con, if anybody is interested - keep your eyes peeled on Tales of Adventure! :)

Pre-registration for Gencon ends on Sunday (Procrastinating as usual. ;) ), so if you're interested, I'd love to see ya there! :)

The event is:

Game ID Event Title Start Time Duration
RPG1466799 Blackwater Creek Thu @ 11:00 AM 4 hrs :cthulhu2:

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:21 am

Hey all! Just a reminder for anybody at Gencon 2014 that would be interested in playing Blackwater Creek Thursday at 11 AM. Obviously you have plenty of choices for opening day and I'm hoping some folks may have some 7th Ed :) :

I will be running Scott Dorward's "Blackwater Creek" for 7th Ed at Gencon this year. I put it in late, about two days before pre-purchasing closed, and the event coordinator missed it. I checked in recently, thinking I missed the boat, the event coordinator approved it, so it looks like I'm running it in the Marriott Ballroom at 11:00 AM on Thursday. :p

Game ID Event Title Start Time Duration
RPG1466799 Blackwater Creek Thu @ 11:00 AM 4 hrs

My thought is to butt it up against the Alumni Dinner, so we could finish up and head over to RAM for a few brews. :p

So, if anybody is interested, please join up and we'll have some madcap fun. :p Definitely would love to share it with forum folks if they'd be so inclined. :)

Hope to see you all at Gencon!

Tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:02 pm

caddy1071 has arrived! :) If anybody is in Indy now and wandering, I will soon be unleashed. :p (Getting some items into auction.)

I gotta get ready for my game tomorrow later on, but I'd open to getting together for dinner if anybody would be interested in some pre-con socialization. :p

Looking forward to meeting you guys! Have fun!

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:18 pm

Hi all! Quick update! Been a great GC 2014 so far! Dinner at the RAM was great, Dan, Chad, and Jon were all able to make it, Murf unfortunately had a delayed flight and could not attend. Mike Mason and Chaosium friends made a special appearance and had a few beers with us and told us some fun Cthulhu LARP stories - sounds like Europe wins in the matter with all the 1000+ year old structures. ;)

The live recording was GREAT. Chad had a live Dr. Gerard segment in which the audienced foleyed the sound effects - Kudos on that, that was pretty cool. :p Mike Mason dropped by to guest host and we saw some behind the scenes magic in MU-Podcast recording. Thank you MUP crew for the opportunity, this has been pretty damned great. :p

I have plenty of pics for you guys that missed GC to give a taste of the experience for those who are interested - stay tuned. :)

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator

Post by trevlix » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:54 pm

Anyone attend the Chaosium seminar and want to tell us what was said?
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

fallingtower
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fallingtower » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:27 pm

caddy1071 wrote:Hi all! Quick update! Been a great GC 2014 so far! Dinner at the RAM was great, Dan, Chad, and Jon were all able to make it, Murf unfortunately had a delayed flight and could not attend. Mike Mason and Chaosium friends made a special appearance and had a few beers with us and told us some fun Cthulhu LARP stories - sounds like Europe wins in the matter with all the 1000+ year old structures. ;)

The live recording was GREAT. Chad had a live Dr. Gerard segment in which the audienced foleyed the sound effects - Kudos on that, that was pretty cool. :p Mike Mason dropped by to guest host and we saw some behind the scenes magic in MU-Podcast recording. Thank you MUP crew for the opportunity, this has been pretty damned great. :p

I have plenty of pics for you guys that missed GC to give a taste of the experience for those who are interested - stay tuned. :)

tty!
Cory
I'm happy that I threw a few bucks towards the guys Gen Con fund.

Can't wait to hear the show.
If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences.

H. P. Lovecraft

Mahaffa
Junior
Junior

Post by Mahaffa » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:10 am

Thanks to everyone who attended and made the MUP Dinner and GenCon such an amazing time. It was awesome meeting all of you guys and hope to see you all again very soon.

Max