GenCon 2014

Conventions, gatherings, ceremonies and other in-person meetings.
fallingtower
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Re: GenCon 2014

Post by fallingtower » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:40 am

Mahaffa wrote:Thanks to everyone who attended and made the MUP Dinner and GenCon such an amazing time. It was awesome meeting all of you guys and hope to see you all again very soon.

Max
I'd like to hear more about MUP Dinner and GenCon war stories.

What did folks eat and drink, talk about?

Who was the most entertaining?

Fun game stories good or bad?

Coolest/cutest Cosplayers?

Coolest thing you bought?

Any neat stuff at Chaosium/Pelegrane booths
If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences.

H. P. Lovecraft

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:16 am

Looking forward to hearing the tales as well.

Perhaps I will attend Gencon in 2015?
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:42 pm

I hope to cover all of Gen Con in a wrap-up show soon. :cthulhudance:

fallingtower
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fallingtower » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:20 pm

Keeper Jon wrote:I hope to cover all of Gen Con in a wrap-up show soon. :cthulhudance:
I'm sure you guys are going to need some recovery time.

Last bigger size con I went to I gamed and partied 40 hours in two and a half days. Kept awake chugging energy shots and Monsters...at the end of it all I was a wreck. Worth it though.

I'm right now starting work on getting to either Origins or Gen Con next year.
If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences.

H. P. Lovecraft

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:07 pm

trevlix wrote:Anyone attend the Chaosium seminar and want to tell us what was said?
Hiya! This is the first time I've caught up since Gencon - sorry for the late reply. I did not attend the Chaosium panel, but Mike Mason was at the MUP live podcast and I think Chad and Murph got most of what was in the in the pipes in the podcast. I have to say my brain is swiss cheesed from the Con and I don't remember everything that was discussed (but obviously the live podcast will take care of those details! :) ), but was I do remember was they are releasing and updated Call of Cthulhu Dark Ages and supporting scenarios, which sounds pretty great. :p

Hopefully my brain will eventually recover the other details, but that's what I've recovered so far. :)

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:11 pm

fallingtower wrote:
I'm happy that I threw a few bucks towards the guys Gen Con fund.

Can't wait to hear the show.
It was definitely a great time getting our collective geek together and hanging out! It was obvious the MUP/Call of Cthulhu community are a cut above and a credit to the gaming community! Getting to meet everybody, hang out and talk geek and an amazing experience, and something I hope we can do again in the future! Thanks MUP for getting all these great people together to enjoy each other's collective crazy! ;)

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound