Terminal City Tabletop Con: Vancouver, BC, March 29th-30th

Conventions, gatherings, ceremonies and other in-person meetings.
Canageek
Senior
Senior
Terminal City Tabletop Con: Vancouver, BC, March 29th-30th

Post by Canageek » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:31 am

So, will anyone be going to Terminal City Tabletop Con? (http://www.terminalcitytabletop.com/)

If you DM two slots, you get in for free, so I've signed up to run two adventures I'm familiar with: The Haunting (Using a rules-light version of Call of Cthulhu 6e I bashed together years ago and aiming for a pulpy Indiana Jones/Robert E Howard) type of feel, and Exit 23, a Dark Matter intro adventure I absolutely adore (and have run multiple times).

Running through The Haunting with friends tonight was my first time DMing in quite a while (I think I've run one in-person game in the last five years?) so I figured I should stick with adventures I already have a good grasp of, and that I know I can get through in four hours.
Moderator of the Suppressed Transmissions board.
Plays GURPS, Call of Cthulhu and a few other things.

Scriven
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: Terminal City Tabletop Con: Vancouver, BC, March 29th-3

Post by Scriven » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:22 am

Hey, good luck with that. It's not in my neck of the woods, so I can't attend, but I'd very much be interested in hearing more about your home-brewed, rules-lite framework.
AKA Professor Max von Schiller of the Miskatonic Area Paranormal Society (MAPS)
AKA George Finch of the Secret Everest Expedition
"Let's see if someone tries to kill us and work backwards" -- Dr. Who

Canageek
Senior
Senior
Re: Terminal City Tabletop Con: Vancouver, BC, March 29th-3

Post by Canageek » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:21 pm

It isn't much, I just throw out most of the combat rules. Everyone gets one move, and one action each turn, like in D&D. That simplifies the whole aiming/three attacks things, though it makes combat a lot less lethal. To be honest, I started doing it as the 6e books bury combat all over the place, and I was DMing it the first few times without actually having fully read the rules.
Moderator of the Suppressed Transmissions board.
Plays GURPS, Call of Cthulhu and a few other things.