1d4Con 2013

Conventions, gatherings, ceremonies and other in-person meetings.
1d4cast_James
Sophmore
Sophmore
1d4Con 2013

Post by 1d4cast_James » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:13 pm

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that if you live in or around the Northern Virginia area, I'm starting up a new convention in Winchester, VA.

It's about 1.5 hour drive from Washington DC, and only a 2 hour drive from Harrisburg, PA and Baltimore, MD. We are right off of Interstate 81 and really easy to get to.

1d4Con 2013
Convention date is April 26th to 28th, 2013

3-Day Pass:
$20 pre-register
$25 at the door

We even give you $10 back if you run 3 or more games for us.

We are offering, Tabletop RPGs, Card/Board Games, a couple LARPs, and possibly some war gaming (if there is interest).

The website is http://1d4con.com

Please feel free to share this info to anyone who may be interested ;).

Thanks!
Last edited by 1d4cast_James on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founder and Co-Host of the 1d4Cast Podcast and 1d4Con.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor
Re: 1d4Con 2013

Post by Dr. Gerard » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:22 am

Nice! I will do my very best to make it. Would love to run a game or three...
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

1d4cast_James
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by 1d4cast_James » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:55 am

Dr. Gerard wrote:Nice! I will do my very best to make it. Would love to run a game or three...
That would be awesome! Another friend of mine from the DC area has already signed up to a Delta Green game and a Cthuluhu-themed Wild Talents game. I may do a Trail of Cthulhu and/or Cthulhu-based Dread game. Should be a good time :cthulhudance:.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:17 pm

amvteknoboy wrote:That would be awesome! Another friend of mine from the DC area has already signed up to a Delta Green game and a Cthuluhu-themed Wild Talents game. I may do a Trail of Cthulhu and/or Cthulhu-based Dread game. Should be a good time.
Fantastic! Great to see there's already a healthy horror-gaming track taking hold. That often gets short-changed at smaller cons. I'd love to play some DG and ToC. I've been itching to run Cthulhu Dark in a convention setting. At the moment, I'm also pretty excited about the old 1992 CoC scenario book Blood Brothers 2, which Bret Kramer mentioned on MUP's thread on the YSDC forum. It has a bunch of one-shot adventures that are all modeled after classic B-movies. Sounds like a good fit for a con.

Any other details at this point? Are you planning to have vendors? What is the venue space like?

This will also be a great way to bring nearby gamers out of the woodwork. I've been here for about a year, but haven't made the leap to recruit or join a local game group. I'm officially jazzed.

Nice job on the year-end 1D4 episode, btw. It was fun listening to thoughts on all the D&D editions. I appreciate that it didn't devolve into ed wars about which system is BEST and which system is to be hated.

Btw, we mentioned you and the podcast during our next show (due to drop on Sunday), but I forgot your actual name during the recording so had to identify you as "amvteknoboy from the forum." This is my preemptive apology. :oops:
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

1d4cast_James
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by 1d4cast_James » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Dr. Gerard wrote:Fantastic! Great to see there's already a healthy horror-gaming track taking hold. That often gets short-changed at smaller cons. I'd love to play some DG and ToC. I've been itching to run Cthulhu Dark in a convention setting. At the moment, I'm also pretty excited about the old 1992 CoC scenario book Blood Brothers 2, which Bret Kramer mentioned on MUP's thread on the YSDC forum. It has a bunch of one-shot adventures that are all modeled after classic B-movies. Sounds like a good fit for a con.

Any other details at this point? Are you planning to have vendors? What is the venue space like?

This will also be a great way to bring nearby gamers out of the woodwork. I've been here for about a year, but haven't made the leap to recruit or join a local game group. I'm officially jazzed.

Nice job on the year-end 1D4 episode, btw. It was fun listening to thoughts on all the D&D editions. I appreciate that it didn't devolve into ed wars about which system is BEST and which system is to be hated.

Btw, we mentioned you and the podcast during our next show (due to drop on Sunday), but I forgot your actual name during the recording so had to identify you as "amvteknoboy from the forum." This is my preemptive apology. :oops:
Awesome, if you want to run them, just use the Game Request form :). I'm hoping that it helps me establish a home group too, so I hope it works out that way for you! Thanks for the kind words about our episode. I know that edition wars happen, but I was not going to let it devolve into slander and hurt feelings. No worries about the name. My board username is fine. I can't wait to hear it. I love your show! :cthulhudance:

1d4cast_James
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by 1d4cast_James » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:45 pm

oh and no, we aren't looking to have vendors. This being the first time, we are focusing on gaming only :). Though the podcast will have sodas and baked goods for sale. The venue's space will hold about 350 people comfortably. I'll be surprised if we even get close to that many attendees with this being an upstart convention.
Last edited by 1d4cast_James on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1d4cast_James
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by 1d4cast_James » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:58 pm

*UPDATE*

At Door Prices are as follows:
- 1-Day pass for Friday or Sunday: $10
- 1-Day pass for Saturday: $13
- 2-Day Pass (Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday): $19
- 3-Day Pass: $25

1d4cast_James
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by 1d4cast_James » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:14 pm

*UPDATE*

1) A certain Dr. Gerard will have a presence at 1d4Con and he is already set to run at least one CoC game. This is very exciting!

2) We are planning to do a raffle all throughout the convention, drawing names several times throughout each day for different prizes. By default, all attendees will get one (1) free raffle ticket, but those who hold preregistration passes will get two (2) free raffle tickets instead, as a thank you for booking early.
There are couple other ways to get more tickets:
A) For each slot that you are running something for us, you will be given one (1) extra free ticket in the drawing.

B) Additional tickets can be purchased during the convention at the registration desk.

Think about it like this, if you hold a pre-registration pass, you will get two (2) raffle tickets. If you also decide to run three (3) games for us, you not only get $10 cash back, but you also get three (3) extra raffle tickets. That is five (5) chances to win some awesome prizes, plus some money back in your pocket.

How does that sound? Pretty damn good, right? :cthulhudance:

Preregister here: http://1d4con.com/information/registrat ... istration/

Submit games to run here: http://1d4con.com/submit-a-game/

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator

Post by trevlix » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:37 pm

Is there a list of games that are scheduled? I can't seem to find any - just a place to vote for games that you would like to see there.
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

1d4cast_James
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by 1d4cast_James » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:33 pm

trevlix wrote:Is there a list of games that are scheduled? I can't seem to find any - just a place to vote for games that you would like to see there.
We are currently setting up events for signup and trying to find the best way to do it. It's not ready yet, but to give you an idea what we have GMs for so far:

- 13th Age
- Apocalypse World & Dungeon World
- Call of Cthulhu (2 games, one using the Delta Green sourcebook)
- Deadlands
- Dread RPG
- Dungeons & Dragons (Basic Set/Rules Cyclopedia)
- Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition (Living Forgotten Realms and non-LFR)
- Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition (Need to sign up for Playtest with WotC)
- Exalted 2nd Edition
- Hobomancer
- Legend of the 5 Rings
- Marvel Heroic Roleplaying
- Mythender
- The One Ring
- Paranoia XP
- Pathfinder (pathfinder Society)
- Savage Worlds
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire
- Shadowrun 4th Edition
- Wild Talents
- Classic World of Darkness (Vampire the Masquerade & Werewolf the Apocalypse LARPs)
- Current World of Darkness (Hunter the Vigil)
and more to come...