InfrnoCon 8

Conventions, gatherings, ceremonies and other in-person meetings.
EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor
InfrnoCon 8

Post by EddyPo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:35 pm

Hi everyone.

Infrno.net, a free virtual game table and gaming community website, is hosting its 11th virtual con--InfrnoCon 8. It will be held December 14th to the 16th (Friday through Sunday). It's too early to register--priority registration is December 4th, everyone else can register December 11th. Sign up then or if you think you'd like to run a game you can register your game now. Here's the website if you're interested:

http://www.infrno.net/events/15-infrnocon-8

BTW, I'll be running a CoC game, Dockside Dogs, on Saturday, December 15th, starting at 9 PM central. I'd love to have some of you at my table. It's going to be fun game.

http://www.infrno.net/games/3131-dockside-dogs

Go Pods!
Not a hack!

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator
Re: InfrnoCon 8

Post by trevlix » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:33 pm

I've never seen the Infrno interface before - how well does it work?
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:14 pm

The interface is also web-based so no new software is needed. I think it's pretty intuitive although it doesn't have some of the capabilities of Roll20. For instance the dice roller is text based. Type "1d6" in the chat box to get your number. But, you can add your maps, tokens, etc. and move them around. They have video and audio capabilities, although I think Skype is superior so when I run my game all audio will be through Skype.

What else....You can unlock achievements which get displayed on your player's page. For instance, anyone who plays in an InfrnoCon 8 game gets a "InfrnoCon 8" icon displayed on their page. Cheesy, I know, but it works for me.

There is a good community of gamers there but a disturbing lack of horror gaming going on. I aim to change that. :twisted:
Not a hack!

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:44 pm

EddyPo wrote:The interface is also web-based so no new software is needed. I think it's pretty intuitive although it doesn't have some of the capabilities of Roll20. For instance the dice roller is text based. Type "1d6" in the chat box to get your number. But, you can add your maps, tokens, etc. and move them around. They have video and audio capabilities, although I think Skype is superior so when I run my game all audio will be through Skype.

What else....You can unlock achievements which get displayed on your player's page. For instance, anyone who plays in an InfrnoCon 8 game gets a "InfrnoCon 8" icon displayed on their page. Cheesy, I know, but it works for me.

There is a good community of gamers there but a disturbing lack of horror gaming going on. I aim to change that. :twisted:
Interesting. I missed the boat on AetherCon, but maybe I'll try to get my s**t together for this one and pitch a Cthulhu Dark game.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:17 pm

Dr. Gerard wrote:
Interesting. I missed the boat on AetherCon, but maybe I'll try to get my s**t together for this one and pitch a Cthulhu Dark game.
I think that's a fantastic idea. If you do, make sure you pick a time slot I can attend. :)

Let me know if you have any Qs regarding the website. I'm not affiliated with Infrno.net at all, but I know how to get around it pretty well.
Not a hack!

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:43 pm

BTW, one of the founders of Infrno.net is Matthew Grau of CthulhuTech fame.

~Ed
Not a hack!

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:43 am

EddyPo wrote:BTW, one of the founders of Infrno.net is Matthew Grau of CthulhuTech fame.

~Ed
Ed, do you have a current email address for Matthew? I've been trying to reach him.

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:02 pm

Keeper Jon wrote:
Ed, do you have a current email address for Matthew? I've been trying to reach him.
I've sent you a PM.
:cthulhu1:
Not a hack!

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:26 pm

InfrnoCon 8 registration desk is now open. I'm running Dockside Dogs Saturday and there are still available seats at the table. Also a friend of mine is running Closed Casket for CoC on Sunday and has open seats. See my initial post for info re InfrnoCon 8.

And consider playing. :)
Not a hack!