GaryCon VIII

Conventions, gatherings, ceremonies and other in-person meetings.
EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor
GaryCon VIII

Post by EddyPo » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:50 pm

GaryCon is coming up fast, March 2-6, 2016.

If you're anywhere close to this convention you really should try to make it. There is so much Call of Cthulhu this year it's insane!

Check out the website.

http://garycon.com
Not a hack!

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: GaryCon VIII

Post by caddy1071 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:58 pm

EddyPo wrote:GaryCon is coming up fast, March 2-6, 2016.

If you're anywhere close to this convention you really should try to make it. There is so much Call of Cthulhu this year it's insane!

Check out the website.

http://garycon.com
Hi! YES! Thanks for posting, Ed! I was too busy and didn't get something out before registration. Yes, there is an uptick in Cthulhu this year - I'll be running 4 scenarios for Cult of Chaos. They have sold out for the most part (Might be a space in The Haunting: Hook Edition still left), but like Ed said there are a ton of games there. As for the Con, it's absolutely incredible - everybody is there because they love gaming - all the old guard is there faithfully, and you'll see the range of games (RPG, war and boardgames) for every taste. Frank Metzner brings in his game collection every year for people to use as a games library, us Illinoisians get to drink our fill of New Glarus. ;)

I can't say enough about Gary Con and who attends - absolutely great Con. Registration was again a "challenge" this year, but for folks not in the rush, you should be able to get what is left without a problem.

Anyway, I'm prepping four games this year:
Thursday 10 AM - Genius Loci (Brian Courtemanche)
Friday 8 PM - Legs (yes, Traveller Jim's original from Skype of Cthulhu! :) )
Saturday 10 AM - The Haunting: Hook Edition (Classic extended with Jon Hook's additions - GREAT reviews from my last run)
Sunday 10 AM - The Moonchild (Paul Fricker modern)

Feel free to stop by and say hi, and if there are no shows, I'd love to game with you. :) If we get a few people from the boards that want to game, I could also try to fit in another run of one of these guys - but it is pretty tight. :) I think I have Saturday eve open. :)

Anyway - GO TO GARY CON - you will not regret it. :)

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

toddwo
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by toddwo » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:03 pm

I'd be remiss if I didn't pitch in my $0.02 for Gary Con. Not only are there a lot of great CoC games at this convention, but attendees have an unparalelled opportunity to rub shoulders with the Old Guard from TSR and other gaming greats. If you're a fan of Old School RPGs, Gary Con in the con for you.
That’s what you young chaps have got to remember – when you run, run, full speed, with never a thought for anything else; don’t look or listen or dither even for an instant; let terror have his way, for he’s the best friend you’ve got- Harry Flashman

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:43 pm

toddwo wrote:I'd be remiss if I didn't pitch in my $0.02 for Gary Con. Not only are there a lot of great CoC games at this convention, but attendees have an unparalelled opportunity to rub shoulders with the Old Guard from TSR and other gaming greats. If you're a fan of Old School RPGs, Gary Con in the con for you.
+1,000,000,000,000,000 ;)
Geekery Unbound