Gamehole Con 2015

Conventions, gatherings, ceremonies and other in-person meetings.
Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor
Re: Gamehole Con 2015

Post by Keeper Jon » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:31 am

Zenobia wrote:I wish someone had recorded our session -- but it would have been a slog to edit. We went for seven hours (I think)! I loved the creepy and challenging additions to the scenario and the ways it rewarded us for sacrificing sanity. Thanks to Jon and Cory both for their creativity and endurance. This was far and away my best gaming experience at the con.

I like to think those petri dishes are growing some truly horrifying molds back in the Harvard lab....
AWESOME!!! Cory texted me to tell me that the players all chose to push on with the scenario after the scheduled four hour block expired. Seven hours!!! I'm so glad you guys liked it. I think some of the absolute best stuff was contributed by Cory. I am freaking loving his ideas!!!

Zenobia
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Zenobia » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:14 am

It could have gone even longer (in a good way) if Cory hadn't kept us on track (also in a good way!). One player had the absolutely inspired idea to try to find living relatives of the missing children (maybe siblings or children of their siblings?). We never poked around in the attic (there's probably something great up there). And I would have loved to push the microbiological angle (who knows what's going to grow in the Macarios' blood and oral swabs?). But I think having dangling leads like that is a mark of a successful game in a true sandbox.
Why did you decide to drop Michael Thomas? It definitely worked, but he's been really prominent in our Haunting, and I was surprised not to run into him at all.
By the way, I've started reading "For the Love of...", and I'm excited to see star vampires. In my imagination, they reproduce like mango flies, and the saliva of the adult contains opiates, so the bite will maybe kill you, but it will feel rather nice. I don't know yet whether that invention is going to be compatible with the scenario, though, and it would be great to hear your thoughts on them.

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:14 pm

Thank you for the kind words. I'm so glad that the scenario was so well received.
Zenobia wrote:Why did you decide to drop Michael Thomas? It definitely worked, but he's been really prominent in our Haunting, and I was surprised not to run into him at all.
Rev. Thomas is a great NPC, and his omission is a simple oversight. Rev. Thomas has the potential to be a fantastic villain for investigators in a long-running campaign; someone who looks to take revenge upon those who stand against the Church of Contemplation. But, he's also minor enough that he can be dropped when The Haunting is being used as a one-shot.
Zenobia wrote:By the way, I've started reading "For the Love of...", and I'm excited to see star vampires. In my imagination, they reproduce like mango flies, and the saliva of the adult contains opiates, so the bite will maybe kill you, but it will feel rather nice. I don't know yet whether that invention is going to be compatible with the scenario, though, and it would be great to hear your thoughts on them.
Oh. My. God. :shock:
I freaking love this idea! I'm now being filled with visions of an adult star vampire draining a human of blood, killing him softly, (since the victim is calm from the saliva sedative), and as the star vampire kills its victim, it also injects the abdomen with 3d6 eggs. The alien life form has an accelerated pupil stage as they feed upon the corpse. The eggs burst forth from the corpse after only a few days. Man, I do like this idea.

Zenobia
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Zenobia » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:34 pm

And/or there's a cult of people who act as willing incubators. They crave the opiates and feel honored to be parasitized alive...

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:31 pm

Zenobia wrote:And/or there's a cult of people who act as willing incubators. They crave the opiates and feel honored to be parasitized alive...
Man, I SUCK! ;) Sorry - haven't revisited the forums in a while - Zenobia, thanks for the kinda words and it was an INCREDIBLE run with dedicated and AWESOME players. :) I definitely would have allowed more time if you wanted, but I unfortunately had to run Blackwater Creek that evening and I had to eat/prep/rest up. :)

I hope you can make Gary Con! It tis my favorite convention, although Gamehole is pretty close to neck and neck. :p

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound