Blackwater Creek: Standard Investigators

A place for games to be managed and run, as well as looking for people to play with online.
caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor
Blackwater Creek: Standard Investigators

Post by caddy1071 » Fri May 08, 2015 6:06 am

Hi all! Looking for some players to play through my standard investigators version of Blackwater Creek by the esteemed Scott Dorward that I run at the Cons. I really dig the scenario, and true to the gangster version pre-gens that Scott put together, my standard investigators have their own hooks to get things primed for fun and mayhem. :p I play it with some pulp, and have had some good responses from the Cons so far, so I'd love to run it for some of you folks and create a good story.

I'd like to take a shot at recording it and contributing it to a liveplay collection if it is worthy - probably go with combo of Skype, Dropbox and roll20. My open nights are Wednesday and Thursday - Friday is a possibility as is Saturday day or eve. I'm in the Central Timezone - figuring I can play 6 PM or later in the evenings and we'd figure out times on Saturday if we had and international takers.

I can shoehorn it to a satisfying ending in about 5 hours at a Con, I'd estimate we'll probably have 4 x 2 to 2 1/2 hour sessions to play it through to completion. So, if you're interested, please let me know in a PM!

Description:

The Cade's Rest archaeological expedition to Blackwater Creek folded a few months ago, but its leader, Professor Roades, never returned. Miskatonic University is concerned with the disappearance of this esteemed colleague - repeated letters about his safety and status have remained unanswered. Find the wayward professor and see if he has uncovered any further mysteries within the village of Blackwater Creek. Standard investigators version

Investigators:
Professor Alise Haberson - Esteemed Anthropologist of Miskatonic University
Dell Wurfel - MU Expedition Troubleshooter
Kongkontwompey "The White Raven" - Entrepreneur of Wampanoag Native American lineage
Jack Coway - Private Investigator Moonlighting with MU
Erol Stephens - MU Archeological Student Wunderkind
Harriet Flaumette - MU Anthropology Student and Olympic Swim Team Hopeful

Thanks, all! Looking forward to playing with you! :)

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

Odin
Sophmore
Sophmore
Re: Blackwater Creek: Standard Investigators

Post by Odin » Fri May 08, 2015 3:53 pm

I'll play depending on exactly when the timing is. Hard to say without hard dates and times. But I'll definitely play if the planets align.

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Sat May 09, 2015 6:29 am

Odin wrote:I'll play depending on exactly when the timing is. Hard to say without hard dates and times. But I'll definitely play if the planets align.
Sounds good, Odin! We'll see what we can get together! :)

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Sun May 10, 2015 3:41 pm

What is meant by "Standard Investigators"?

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Tue May 12, 2015 6:50 pm

Interested. I can probably get you some people if you don't get enough here.
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fox01313 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:41 pm

Sounds like fun if room for one more, & schedules can meet up, I'll go.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Wed May 13, 2015 7:46 pm

Gladius wrote:What is meant by "Standard Investigators"?
Hi! I'm just noting it's not the original Gangster scenario that Scott Dorward's original pre-gens have in publication. The gangsters are fun, but I've run it a couple of times and once the "gangster objective" has been completed, it can short circuit the scenario a bit. The standard investigator types open up a few more avenues in character, so I think they open up the possibilities a bit. Sorry if it makes more sense in my brain than the general populace. :p

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Wed May 13, 2015 7:50 pm

Hi! Sounds great, guys! Definitely have you on the list! I have an on call coming up (18th-25th - murder on social life), so it will probably be late May or early June before we can start it up, but I'll get things rolling as soon as I can so we can work out dates and times. Looking forward to it, I'm a big fan of the scenario! We will be in touch soon. If I could get the e-mails of the folks that I do not have yet (I guess the only one I have is Shannon ;) ) in a private message, that would be great.

Thanks!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

Magnus Nordlander
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Magnus Nordlander » Mon May 18, 2015 12:06 am

I'm interested, depending on timing. No need to set up the times just for me, but the game times that *would* work for me given the game lengths are the following:

Friday: Starting no later than 6pm central
Saturday: Starting any time between noon and 6pm central

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Tue May 19, 2015 4:29 pm

Magnus Nordlander wrote:I'm interested, depending on timing. No need to set up the times just for me, but the game times that *would* work for me given the game lengths are the following:

Friday: Starting no later than 6pm central
Saturday: Starting any time between noon and 6pm central
Hi! Sweet! We'll see what we can do, Magnus! I'm going to send out an e-mail in the next week and we'll figure out what times/dates work for everybody and get this one rolling. :) Love to have ya in on the play! tty soon!

Thanks!
Cory
Geekery Unbound