Trail of Cthulhu

A place for games to be managed and run, as well as looking for people to play with online.
EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: Trail of Cthulhu

Post by EddyPo » Sat May 10, 2014 9:24 pm

Keeper Jon wrote:
bowman wrote:Thank you, Jon. You were a fun group who surprised me at times. Which always makes things more fun.
I think one of the highlights of last night's game was when I got to utter the words, "human shield." :cthulhu1:
That was awesome!
Not a hack!

Davemagus
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Davemagus » Sat May 10, 2014 10:56 pm

What a great time I had last night with the group. Michael did an excellent job with both the story and explaining the mechanics. I came away with an immersive experience (yeah, I dreamed of purple fog and bizarre architecture) and a real appreciation of the Trail of Cthulhu/GUMSHOE system. I hope future games happen!

Thanks!!

Dave

bowman
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by bowman » Sun May 11, 2014 12:01 am

Thank you very much, Ed. I'm at the stage of gaming where I try to focus on games with systems that I can internalize so I don't need to look up things in play, much. These are systems that work in a way that I'm in tune with are no more than rules medium. And I've played and run a fair bit of GUMSHOE.

And I like proselytizing for the games I love so I have an easier time finding games to play in. Building the network effect one person at a time.

SamS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by SamS » Tue May 13, 2014 11:31 am

I would like to join. Friday nights or on the weekend is good for me. I'm in the central time zone.
Sam Stamps
Keeper of my own little reality.

bowman
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by bowman » Tue May 13, 2014 7:34 pm

We were talking about a second game, possibly this weekend. Who would be avialable? It looks like Sam would be. Is Chad available?

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Tue May 13, 2014 7:43 pm

bowman wrote:We were talking about a second game, possibly this weekend. Who would be avialable? It looks like Sam would be. Is Chad available?
Unfortunately I will not be available. I would be interested to know if there are any rewards we earned to apply to our characters? Should we hand-waive any physical and/or mental healing, and go back up to full health? If not, how much should we heal? Cause, while I can't play this weekend, I do plan to return with my FBI Agent, Special Agent Stephen London, if the opportunity ever presents itself again.

bowman
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by bowman » Wed May 14, 2014 2:07 am

You earn two build points each session. They can spent on any skill, except Cthulhu Mythos, Credit Rating, Health, Magic, Sanity or Stability.

You all gain 2 points in Sanity for defeating the Mythos.

All of your abilities, including Stability, refresh.

You all learned the spell Door to Beyond.

Would the following weekend work?

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Wed May 14, 2014 4:24 am

bowman wrote:You earn two build points each session. They can spent on any skill, except Cthulhu Mythos, Credit Rating, Health, Magic, Sanity or Stability.

Hi! Hey, weekends are looking bleary for next few weeks, but I'd LOVE to get into a Trail game if you could use and extra investigator. :p

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Wed May 14, 2014 10:58 am

bowman wrote:You earn two build points each session. They can spent on any skill, except Cthulhu Mythos, Credit Rating, Health, Magic, Sanity or Stability.

My current Sanity is 10, it never took a hit during the game. Can my Sanity go above 10?

As for the following weekend, I need to check with my event scheduler, (i.e.: my wife), to see if "we've" got anything planned.

SamS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by SamS » Wed May 14, 2014 11:18 am

bowman wrote:We were talking about a second game, possibly this weekend. Who would be avialable? It looks like Sam would be. Is Chad available?
I really want to play the worst way. lol

But this coming weekend and the the following weekend has been filled with school stuff and graduation.
Sam Stamps
Keeper of my own little reality.