Trail of Cthulhu

A place for games to be managed and run, as well as looking for people to play with online.
Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor
Re: Trail of Cthulhu

Post by Keeper Jon » Fri May 09, 2014 4:15 am

bowman wrote:Looks like we have three people for Friday. I'd prefer to use Google Hangouts, so I'll need people's Google+ usernames so I can initiate the Hangout. Feel free to message me with that.
I'm +Jon Hook on G+, and I think you can key it off of email too, which is jonhook@gmail.com.

Davemagus
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Davemagus » Fri May 09, 2014 1:50 pm

Hi There --

I am +Dave Magnenat on Google Plus; dave.magnenat@gmail.com. Will characters be pre-gened or should we roll up? I've used the generator on The Black Book ( http://www.pelgranepress.com/blackbook/login.php ) as a trial run through and it seems straightforward.

Talk with you tonight!!

Dave

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Fri May 09, 2014 2:28 pm

+EdPossing, possing@juno.com
Not a hack!

bowman
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by bowman » Fri May 09, 2014 3:11 pm

And I'm +Michael Bowman, bowmanm@gmail.com.

We'll be generating characters tonight. The Black Book is available online at http://www.pelgranepress.com/blackbook/support.htm. I have noticed one problem with it in the past, but I don't know if it's been fixed. We can deal with that tonight. Also, here's a link to a good PDF character sheet, if you want to go old school: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1kruwcvjtdefc ... ter%29.pdf

If you're thinking about character types, the setting is New York City, 1934. The campaign frame is Mythos Detectives. The characters are NYPD detectives, FBI agents, or civilian consultants brought in by those agencies to deal with weird cases. At least one of you will need to be a detective or an agent, but not all of you need to be. The adventure will begin with investigating a crime where there's something odd.

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Fri May 09, 2014 4:19 pm

bowman wrote:And I'm +Michael Bowman, bowmanm@gmail.com.

We'll be generating characters tonight. The Black Book is available online at http://www.pelgranepress.com/blackbook/support.htm. I have noticed one problem with it in the past, but I don't know if it's been fixed. We can deal with that tonight. Also, here's a link to a good PDF character sheet, if you want to go old school: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1kruwcvjtdefc ... ter%29.pdf

If you're thinking about character types, the setting is New York City, 1934. The campaign frame is Mythos Detectives. The characters are NYPD detectives, FBI agents, or civilian consultants brought in by those agencies to deal with weird cases. At least one of you will need to be a detective or an agent, but not all of you need to be. The adventure will begin with investigating a crime where there's something odd.
I'll take the FBI Agent, if no one else is super-itching to be a Fed. Can't wait to give Trail a fair shake. See you tonight.

Davemagus
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Davemagus » Fri May 09, 2014 4:38 pm

Cool. I had in mind to play a Scientist in the fledgling (but increasingly important) NY Medical Examiner's Office.They really began to come into their own in the 1930's during Prohibition, bringing science to law enforcement and investigation. (See "The Poisoner's Handbook" for a really good history). That should cover skills like Chemistry, Biology, Evidence Collection, Bureaucracy, some Library Use, etc.

Dave

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Sat May 10, 2014 12:06 pm

What an amazing game! Michael was a fantastic Keeper, Dave was our intrepid scientist who really wanted to run away, but did a fine job of punching, Ed was our fragile parapsychologist who started to go a little mad, but held it together just long enough, and I was a brave and sometimes brutal federal agent. In the end, we got our man, so bully for us!

Thanks Michael for running such a great game. I have a much better understanding of the Gumshoe mechanics, and I can foresee myself running a Gumshoe game in the future.

bowman
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by bowman » Sat May 10, 2014 5:04 pm

Thank you, Jon. You were a fun group who surprised me at times. Which always makes things more fun.

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Sat May 10, 2014 7:14 pm

bowman wrote:Thank you, Jon. You were a fun group who surprised me at times. Which always makes things more fun.
I think one of the highlights of last night's game was when I got to utter the words, "human shield." :cthulhu1:

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Sat May 10, 2014 9:24 pm

I agree 100% with you Jon. Michael did a fantastic job not only running the game but teaching the mechanics. I was in awe of patience and mastery of the game. I'm really stoked about the GUMSHOE system and I'm planning to put together a Fear Itself game. It was nice to meet both Michael and Dave. Great game guys. Chad needs to join us next time.
Not a hack!