Sigh... my scenario is too long.

A place for games to be managed and run, as well as looking for people to play with online.
mrjohnmarchughes
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sigh... my scenario is too long.

Post by mrjohnmarchughes » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:23 am

Hi guys. The fun little scenario I've been writing has grown into a fun not-so-little scenario, and I don't think I can reduce the word count to below 5,000 without butchering the thing completely. So, would it be inaproppriate to upload it here, in case any fellow alumni might want to have a look at it, or even play it? It's called "The African princess", and it's a light-hearted, non-mythos, adventure/horror scenario - half "Relic Hunter", half "St. Trinians. It's designed for 3 or 4 players, but inventive keepers could find a way to squeeze in a 5th if necessary. I've included pre-gen PCs, and I strongly recommend they be used. The character "Muriel" really should be played by a woman.
If you don't want me to upload the scenario, just let me know.
Thanks for a consistently fun and interesting podcast, and a great forum.
slippery thump

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
Re: Sigh... my scenario is too long.

Post by Keeper Dan » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:05 am

That would be cool. Though I think the Tales of Mystery and Adventure category would be more appropriate. This is the thread to talk about the newsletter.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

mrjohnmarchughes
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by mrjohnmarchughes » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:52 am

Ok, with some amount of trepidation I offer up my scenario. If anyone should want to look it over, or even try running it, then please feel free to do so. I've created PCs, who I've statted-up in a scenario-specific way, appropriate for this sort of fun, fill-in, one-shot.
If anyone should try running this, please, use sound effects! There are moments in this adventure where a fitting soundtrack would work wonders.
The forum won't allow me to upload .pdf or .rtf files, so I've had to put the .pdf intp a .zip. I hope this won't dissuade any potential perusers.
I hope someone gets some enjoyment out of this. I think it's pretty cool. And, of course, let me know if I've made any mistakes; I'd appreciate that.
Attachments
African_Princess.pdf.zip
(239.4KiB)Downloaded 845 times
slippery thump

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:42 pm

I'll take a look at it. If I get a chance I'll run a playtest of it for you.
Not a hack!

Scriven
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Scriven » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:54 pm

mrjohnmarchughes wrote:Hi guys. The fun little scenario I've been writing has grown into a fun not-so-little scenario, and I don't think I can reduce the word count to below 5,000 without butchering the thing completely. So, would it be inaproppriate to upload it here, in case any fellow alumni might want to have a look at it, or even play it? It's called "The African princess", and it's a light-hearted, non-mythos, adventure/horror scenario - half "Relic Hunter", half "St. Trinians. It's designed for 3 or 4 players, but inventive keepers could find a way to squeeze in a 5th if necessary. I've included pre-gen PCs, and I strongly recommend they be used. The character "Muriel" really should be played by a woman.
If you don't want me to upload the scenario, just let me know.
Thanks for a consistently fun and interesting podcast, and a great forum.
Just saw your post -- apologies for the delay in responding. We'll take a look at it and see if and how we can work with it in the context of the MUP Yearbook.
AKA Professor Max von Schiller of the Miskatonic Area Paranormal Society (MAPS)
AKA George Finch of the Secret Everest Expedition
"Let's see if someone tries to kill us and work backwards" -- Dr. Who

mrjohnmarchughes
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by mrjohnmarchughes » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:26 am

I really appreciate it, guys. It makes me feels all cuddly and welcomed.
slippery thump

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:55 am

I might be able to playtest it, too, depending on your deadline.

Would you surmise this as a four hour game?
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/

mrjohnmarchughes
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by mrjohnmarchughes » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:56 pm

Shannon Mac wrote:I might be able to playtest it, too, depending on your deadline.

Would you surmise this as a four hour game?
Hi, and thanks for the offer.
I wrote this scenario as a submission for the Year Book - unfortunately I wasn't able to keep it under the word limit, and so I've been forced to abandon my hopes of having it included in that oh so prestigious organ. I don't want to simply throw the thing aside, though (I did put quite a lot of thought and effort into it after all), so I thought I'd upload it to the forum just in case someone might be in search of a fun, frivolous, rather rail-roady, little scenario, to use as a last-minute filler with their group.
So, there isn't any deadline, but if you, or anyone else, feels like giving it a go, and letting me know how things went, I'd be delighted.
Regarding length - I'd guess between 3 and 4 hours, depending on how much combat the group gets involved in: we know how combat slloooows things down.
I'm going to try writing a second scenario for the Year Book, inspired by a podcast segment from a few weeks ago...
slippery thump