Sense of Slight of Hand Man Interludes

A place for games to be managed and run, as well as looking for people to play with online.
KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
Re: Sense of Slight of Hand Man Interludes

Post by KeeperMurph » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:00 pm

[For Maras]
Maras contemplates the reasons for the riots in Lhosk on the morning of the second day and comes to the determination that the Black Traders are to blame. Their growing presence in the city has grown in the last few months. Perhaps their is some truth to the rumors of his uncle being in league with the little devils. And if that s true, what horrid god must he have been visiting in the late hours on his rumored visits to the Black Temple? The Tha Family name is tarnished by his treachery. In this state of mind Maras decides that if he has any chance to redeem his family honor then he must do what his father and his father's father had done, and go to sea.

[For Rufus]
You awaken from your temporary insanity and have no idea where you are. There are hundreds of people surrounding you. Men of Leng are piled in giant heaps across the square of the Black Temple. The Temple has been breached and the citizens of Lhosk are pouring into the open portal in front. You see someone has been crucified upon the wall, but the body is now so mangled you cannot make anything of it. As you slowly make your way back out of the square, you realize that you are still holding a bloody length of wood in your hand, possible a partial cart axle? You have no clue what you have done, but the makeshift club feels right in your hand. [gain 3 points in Club skill] As you make your way back to the castle that you and your friends purchased only days before you are witness to the thoroughness to which the Lhoskians have destroyed the city. Every tunnel is being combed, and any building with an entrance near it is being set aflame. You arrive back at the castle minutes later.

BoscoBoy
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by BoscoBoy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:45 pm

[Snowed here today, it's a winter wonderland! Nothing compared to Sweden of course, probably have 2 meters by now.]

We should, must, follow Maras on his journey of redemption! He has the means to take us to the Oracle, so that we can learn what we need to know to return home! I feel safe, even happy, when I see him!

Wait, wait, what am I saying! This somehow seems wrong. Who am I? What am I?

Nightmares, confusion, I must get home!

[Murf, I was awarded 1pt of dreaming skill. What does that do?]

Magnus Nordlander
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Magnus Nordlander » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:34 pm

[How is going to sea connected to redeeming Maras' honor?]

BoscoBoy
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by BoscoBoy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:07 pm

( In this state of mind Maras decides that if he has any chance to redeem his family honor then he must do what his father and his father's father had done, and go to sea]

[So sayeth the Murf from an earlier post. Good enough?]

Wherever Maras goes I will follow! [He's dreamy!]

Magnus Nordlander
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Magnus Nordlander » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:12 pm

[I know Murf said it, I'm just asking about the character's motivation and reasoning behind it in order to better role play him :)]

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:18 pm

[The Family Tha has in the past made some serious strides with their influence in the city by going to sea with the common sailors. This is how your family has gotten to the position of leading the Council of Traders, I apologize for you not having more background with this guy. That is something that I will rectify tonight via email.]

Citysliker
Junior
Junior

Post by Citysliker » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:57 am

Hey guys,

Dare I ask what went down after I left?? Is Ania still armless? :D

Did we all go bonkers?

Tristan told me I took another 6 SAN loss so I defo need to roll a temp insanity.

Magnus Nordlander
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Magnus Nordlander » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:41 pm

Citysliker wrote:Hey guys,

Dare I ask what went down after I left?? Is Ania still armless? :D

Did we all go bonkers?

Tristan told me I took another 6 SAN loss so I defo need to roll a temp insanity.
Ania certainly is armless. She has 3 SAN, 2 HP and 1 MP :) I don't remember what had happened when you left, but we left the forest, Madaekar lit something to scare away ghasts. We climbed some steps and smeared ourselves with shit (giving Ania debilitating facial tics), then we came to the sea of bones, went around there for a while and then we were surrounded by gugs. Madaekar dashed away to create a diversion, while we found and got into the gugs' hunting bag (where they keep their prey). The hunting bag was full of brutally killed ghasts, making Ania extremely hungry. So hungry that she decided to just start eating them.

We were carried in the bag, Rodrica got a good look outside the bag and saw the gugs in all their horrid glory. We arrived at what we think is the Gug city, then the bag was dropped to the ground, causing us all to black out.

You got another 6 SAN loss, but I don't think that was in a single roll? If not then you don't get a temporary insanity. If it was more than 20% of your SAN you get an indefinite though.

Magnus Nordlander
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Magnus Nordlander » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:17 pm

So, how did the heist go? Is Roderica the richest gal in all of Ilarnek, or have you been thrown in jail? Also, is kosher corned beef the new talk of the town?

BoscoBoy
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by BoscoBoy » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:02 pm

It's the Philadelphia scrapple ( a particularly noxious conglomerate of abattoir floor scrapings sold here in the USA) that's all the rage.

We survived, barely of course, after much excitement and adventure. Nothing went as planned, not so much off the rails as being unable to locate the rails.

As to money, eh, we did OK.

See you next week.