Sense of Slight of Hand Man Interludes

A place for games to be managed and run, as well as looking for people to play with online.
Magnus Nordlander
Sophmore
Sophmore
Re: Sense of Slight of Hand Man Interludes

Post by Magnus Nordlander » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:52 pm

[On the first day after buying the keep, at the breakfast table or something]

Okay. I've settled down a little. Don't get me wrong. We still have to show everyone that if you mess with us, we kill you. You know, an eye for a head and what not. But maybe we should actually look in to this a little closer. We need a plan. I'm going down to that lawyer fella who sold us this place to discuss some matters of jurisprudence. Like what the legal system here looks like, and if there would be any consequences to us offering 5 gold for each of the thieves' head on a pike. At the very least we should be able to give out a sizable reward for information about where these fuckers are staying, and have our boys here "assist" the city guard in bringing them to justice. In a dungeon. With a professional torturer.

What say you? Anyone wanting to join me?

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:16 am

On your way across town to Scrothers' office, surrounded by a ragtag group of guards of course, you might have notice a bit of gossip. [roll Listen for me.]

When you arrive, you present your question to the aged real estate agent and sometime lawyer expecting a prompt answer. Unfortunately he is elsewhere occupied.

"Thirty-two years I have bought an bowl of fruit from Mantog the fruit vendor. Thirty-two years I have paid 2 copper for an entire bowl. TODAY that cut-throat heathen wanted a FULL silver for the same bowl! A full silver!" As Scrothers' takes another moment to compose himself he informs you that you will undoubtedly be able to find some work from some of the lowlier status for far less than 5 gold. "That would be more than the scum would make in a year," he states. So far as any questions regarding the legal system within the city, he informs you that Lhosk is run by the Council of Merchants, and that while the city guard is a separate entity, tradition demands that they follow suit with their demands. Any serious legal proceedings are heard in the Council spire by representatives of the parties involved, but most of the issues are heard by lower representatives of the merchant families within the spire. Only things of great import are brought directly before the Council members.

BoscoBoy
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by BoscoBoy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:03 pm

[Listen roll 18]

We should stay out of the vigilante business, I thought the guard officer we met made it clear that enforcing the law was their business, not ours. A better use of the money would be to gather information about the political situation and who we should give the sword to. I prefer the rightful heir, Emil Thaar is working with the Black Traders and they are our real enemy. the people view them as monsters so they are probably unhappy with him.

Citysliker
Junior
Junior

Post by Citysliker » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:16 pm

[I'll assume Theo came along]

We need to arrange an audience with the Council of Merchants. We should have the wealth to command a meeting. That way we can begin to reinforce the opinions we already have regarding the situation of the son inheriting the ruling title etc. that the bartender told us about.

Lets ask this guy what the procedure is to achieve this and then execute the necessary actions to get us there.

Magnus Nordlander
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Magnus Nordlander » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:47 pm

[Listen: 79, I hear nothing]

I'm a bit worried we're might be the one's destabilizing the economy here... [I roll Accounting to try to analyze the cause and possible future consequences of the economic troubles: 23, pass]. Maybe we should get a master of coin?

But our main problem has to be that we're not commanding any respect. Back in the US Army people had respect. I commanded an entire brigade, and you can be damn sure no one robbed me. Right now here we're looking like a bunch of gullible rubes, and that's why we're in this mess. We need to show people that while we may be rubes, if you mess with us, you get what's coming to you. Perhaps not by going after those fuckers ourselves though, that might get us in trouble. But how about if we, in cooperation with the city guard of course, post a reward of a bit of gold for information that leads the city guard to capturing them?

Let's not be too hasty with the council audience. [Not just for timeline reasons, and that it makes for a good thing to RP in person, but that certainly is *one* of the reasons :) ] I like your idea of getting a spymaster, Rodrina, I even think we should get two of them. That would help us find out what's going on in this town, and if we're lucky, it will probably help us decide which of the Thaars to favor. I don't think it's a clear cut choice though. The real question is how are we going to get a spymaster we can trust?

BoscoBoy
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by BoscoBoy » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:24 pm

[If you haven't listened to MUP #42 don't, many spoilers]

Colonel, this isn't the army, you aren't the commander. Leading the charge down San Juan hill doesn't cut it here. I think it's time we had a physician exam you, your behavior has been erratic. This seems to be a medieval culture, so expect the leech's and the trepanning tool to be utilized. Oh, and it's RODERICK!!

I do believe you're right about the economy, soup from a copper to a silver! It's as though someone has been throwing money at everything.

BoscoBoy
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by BoscoBoy » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:30 pm

[When's the next session?]

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:17 am

[Bosco, your Listen rolls lets you pickup on a myriad of gossip as you walk through town basically pointing you out as rich morons. You also hear a lot of arguments over prices between the vendors and customers. Magnus, your accounting roll lets you realize that you are in fact flooding the market with gold. You have no doubts that if you continue an entire economic collapse is possible.

Anyone else that has come along needs to make Spot and/or Listen rolls now as well.

So far as the Spymaster idea, also roll me an Idea.

(Magnus make sure you account for your -20% on all rolls in this bit.)

If you have no further business with Scrothers then you can leave.

The next session is this Saturday.]

Scrothers watches as you bicker back and forth, and keeps a close eye on Beauregard who seems to be far more ill than he was just the day before. "Maybe you should sit down. You don't look too well."

BoscoBoy
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by BoscoBoy » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:13 am

[ 15 on idea roll, made it. Saturday it is, hear you all there! ]

Magnus Nordlander
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Magnus Nordlander » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:02 pm

[05 on Spot hidden, pass, 15 on listen, pass, 72 on idea, fail]

Maybe sitting down is for the best. I feel like I can't think in here... Though I don't think we need a doctor just yet, all I need is my... *ahem* medicine.

We need to have a talk later, in private... I'm worried about the economic situation here. It seems gold is falling in value, which is really bad, since except for a few diamonds and ass rubies, we're mainly invested in gold... We've got a keep to heat in the winter! At this rate, we might even be better off taking our diamonds, ass rubies, and some of our gold back to earth. At least there gold is holding steady!