The Dagon's Horde

A place for games to be managed and run, as well as looking for people to play with online.
UnknownEntity
Freshman
Freshman
The Dagon's Horde

Post by UnknownEntity » Sat May 11, 2013 6:25 am

On may 24th, two weeks from today, I would be very interested in running a Call of Cthulhu scenario that I have designed myself called The Dagon's Horde. Don't worry, the name really doesn't spoil as much as you would think.

I'm a huge fan of CoC, but a relatively new keeper with no local gaming group to run for. So I thought who better to play with than the Miskatonic University community? Nobody, that's who! This is an open invitation to players of any skill level to help me play test my first home-brewed scenario. I've kept a few times but am always looking for a chance to hone my skills.

I'm on Pacific time, and would want to start the game at 6:00PM local. If you're interested please feel free to leave a post.

EDIT: Due to finals I'm moving the run date from may 24th to the 31st.
Last edited by UnknownEntity on Thu May 16, 2013 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: The Dagon's Horde

Post by Shannon Mac » Sat May 11, 2013 7:15 am

I'd love to play but I'm going to be attending an offline con from Friday to Monday. If you do it another date let me know with a PM.

www.kublacon.com
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/

UnknownEntity
Freshman
Freshman

Post by UnknownEntity » Sat May 11, 2013 8:32 am

Shannon Mac wrote:I'd love to play but I'm going to be attending an offline con from Friday to Monday. If you do it another date let me know with a PM.

http://www.kublacon.com
Oh very nice, you must be around the bay then. Well have fun, I can't make it to kublacon this year.

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Wed May 15, 2013 4:12 am

Yes, Kublacon. Should be fun. :D

celtic1888
Freshman
Freshman

Post by celtic1888 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:32 pm

Shannon Mac wrote:Yes, Kublacon. Should be fun. :D
Sorry to jump into the thread but seeing your Kublacon post …

I didn't get into your Dread game or the Delta Green game but I did manage get into Colin's 'Betrayal on the Triton' and Frank's Dread game 'Calling all Stations…this is Attu'

I heard great things about your Dread game and am dying to play it . Any chance you'll run it at Big, Bad Con or Celesticon?

celtic1888
Freshman
Freshman

Post by celtic1888 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:35 pm

UnknownEntity wrote:On may 24th, two weeks from today, I would be very interested in running a Call of Cthulhu scenario that I have designed myself called The Dagon's Horde. Don't worry, the name really doesn't spoil as much as you would think.

I'm a huge fan of CoC, but a relatively new keeper with no local gaming group to run for. So I thought who better to play with than the Miskatonic University community? Nobody, that's who! This is an open invitation to players of any skill level to help me play test my first home-brewed scenario. I've kept a few times but am always looking for a chance to hone my skills.

I'm on Pacific time, and would want to start the game at 6:00PM local. If you're interested please feel free to leave a post.

EDIT: Due to finals I'm moving the run date from may 24th to the 31st.
If it is still going on this Friday (May 31st) I'd love to play.

UnknownEntity
Freshman
Freshman

Post by UnknownEntity » Fri May 31, 2013 12:25 am

There's still room to play in tomorrow's game. If anybody is interested send me a PM.

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:16 am

Hey Celtic,

<<< Sorry to jump into the thread but seeing your Kublacon post … >>>

Not a problem. Keep in mind I sometimes am not on this board for a while until I remember it so my replies may take days at a time. We just SKYped in a game and I'm reading this now, for instance. Heh.

<<<I didn't get into your Dread game <<<<

I actually had it for 5 but would have bumped it up to a 6th for a hardcore crasher. I think RPG attendance was less this year even though Kubla had more people than ever (who were doing more non-RPG activities maybe?).

<<< or the Delta Green game >>>

The Sunday night DG game was my best game partly b/c the players at the tables were all COC veterans and most of us had played together offline and/or knew the Keeper, Badger. There's more about it here on my gaming blog if you want to see some non spoiler pics:

http://storytellersjem.blogspot.com/201 ... minus.html

<<< but I did manage get into Colin's 'Betrayal on the Triton' and Frank's Dread game 'Calling all Stations…this is Attu' >>>

I've yet to play in Colin's games though people have advised me to play in his games and we are acquainted through the con circuit. I know one of his buddies more. Frank is a good GM. He was in my Dread game as you probably know.

<<<I heard great things about your Dread game and am dying to play it . Any chance you'll run it at Big, Bad Con or Celesticon? >>>>>

Thanks for the high praise. Hmmmm, I am not sure if I will be attending BBC. I will be at Celesticon but people have been asking me to run the Battlestar Galactica Board game. If there is a huge gap in the Celesticon schedule than I would run another game but this Dread game is 9 hours if people wish to properly milk their scenes. And, if that is the case I wouldn't know until I saw the Celesticon booklet so I might be in the errata.

I might be open to running it outside of a con as well. I suspect there is a chance I may run it at Dundracon or Kubla in 2014 (more likely Kubla as some of the DDC staff would like to see me run Pendragon since it has a huge following there) but I primarily ran that Dread game b/c Frank asked me to do so (I have run it in the con circuit for a while a couple of years back though it has grown into a longer game).

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:39 am

A fun game and recommended if he offers it again. :cthulhudance:

celtic1888
Freshman
Freshman

Post by celtic1888 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:35 pm

Great game!

Not only did we survive with most of our mental capacities intact my character scored an internship with the local paper ;)
Who says there are no happy endings in :fhtagn: